Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying parts for hzj75rp

CruiserKUT

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys.
I'm needing to buy a new draglink as mine is bent. Also need some side mirrors as mind are rooted. And just a few other bits. Just wondering if there is a good reliable cheap place/online store that I can get these from.
Also my heater never works in my car. I have tried changing to hot and cold with the little knob and also the thing in the middle of the engine bay near the firewall. Any ideas what I can do to try fix this or check what needs to be done.
Like usual thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I think we all realize your in Australia, but it's good to update your profile with your location, especially when asking advice on sourcing parts.

Good luck, great looking truck there:thumbup:

Oh sorry, thanks for that. Will update now and make sure I include that in the initial post next time.

I cant recommend this wreckers yard enough! :thumbup:

Their prices are good and the service is excellent. They have everything already removed from the vehicles and on the shelf ready to send out and its all on a computer database so when you call them they can tell straight away if its in stock or not.

Their shipping is also super quick even interstate! :clap:

http://all4x4spares.com.au/

Thinking about it their probably the best wreckers yard I've ever come across in 10 years of car ownership and on a few different continents! :think:

Regarding your heater..................................

Does your engine get up to temp (half way on gauge normally)?

If so have a feel under the dash and feel if the heater matrix is getting warm/hot.

Its possible if it started leaking at some point some one may have bypassed it to avoid pulling the dash out to change it!

Does the blower work? Obviously its not blowing hot air but is it blowing cold air?

If not it could just be a fuse/loose connection. :icon-ugeek:

Their site is pretty well setup so hopefully I can find what I need.
Also with the heater, my temperature also doesn't work and I really want to get that fixed as well so thanks for the reminder haha. What would I do to try and fix the temperature gauge. As it doesn't even move at all it just says that it's under cold all the time.
I will try what you said and see if I can feel the heater core heat up under the dash when I find it :). Also if it was a fuse where would I look to find the fuses?
Thanks again.

Start by checking all the fuses in the fuse box in the drivers foot well (to the right of your ankle when sat in the drivers seat). Check to make sure non of them have blown and also check that the correct amp fuses are fitted in the correct places. (should be a pic on the back of the fuse box cover showing what fuse does what and what amp it should be.

Often when people have electrical faults and fuses keep blowing, rather than fixing the fault they just fit a bigger fuse. So if you come across say a 30amp fuse for something that should have say a 20amp fuse then that could mean that there have been faults with that item/circuit before.

Have a good look in the engine bay and under the dash for any obviously loose wires, connectors or broken wires.

Also check the earth leads that should run from the engine to the chassis and from the chassis to the body. Make sure they feel secure and are intact.

If all that seems OK I'd pull the dash cluster out and check to see if everything that should be plugged into the back of the gauges is plugged in.

If that still reveals nothing then you will have to use a multi meter and get a bit technical and check the temp sender on the engine and the wiring back to the gauge. Or get an auto electrician to look at it. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
SO I went for a drive last night and was going to check if the heater core got hot. But I don't know where the bloody thing is:/ I even looked through the service manual and that talks about it but not where it is. Also I checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine to me. So I will check today with the sun light for any loose wires. Also where would I see the negatives connected to the chassis or body? Will that be near the battery?

I still can't figure out where the heater core is. I can't get to it to check if it's heating up at all:/ I don't want to have to pull apart the whole dash just to find out its not the heater core that's screwed:/

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Yes looking at the battery you should be able to follow the negative leads. There should be one going to the body, bolted to the guard, another going to the engine and one more going to the chassis.

The heater box is a little bit buried but I thought you might be able to reach up and feel it.

You could remove the centre section of the dash quite easily. The black plastic stereo surround bit, its held on with 6 philips screws. With that removed you should be able to see and feel the heater box.

Another thing to check is the heater pipes in the engine bay. There should be 2 hoses going from the engine to the bulk head. These connect hot engine coolant to the heater matrix and then back to the engine.

If the heater matrix in the heater box failed and started leaking coolant inside the car, a previous owner may have by passed the heater matrix by connecting the hoses together rather than them going through the bulk head. Some people do this as a quick easy fix as pulling the dash out can be a big job. Obviously the down side of this is you loose your heater. :thumbup:

ety5aput.jpg
yvuje5y2.jpg
y9e2epuh.jpg

Can you please point out what I should do next. I'm feeling pretty stupid not being able to figure this out. Sorry for all these questions about the same thing

Thats alright, no harm in asking questions/for help if your not sure. :icon-wink:

Looking at your pics I'm pretty sure your heater box is the black thing right at the back that says Toyota on it (its a while since I pulled mine apart).

So if it feels hot after driving the car then its obviously got hot water flowing through it.

Did you check to see if youve got 2 hoses going to the bulkhead in the engine bay? :icon-biggrin:

Haha bulk head? Jeez I'm bad at this. I need to post up a picture of my engine bay and you guys can label it for me haha.
I heated the engine up this morning and felt two pipes. One going into the cabin from the engine bay through the heater lever switch type thing and then one coming back out on the other side of the engine and they both seemed to heat up. But that's all I figured out. Like I said pictures help me so much when trying to talk about something haha

OK well it sounds like youve got hot water flowing from your engine through your heater matrix and back to the engine. That means that the heater core in your heater box is obviously OK.

Which means it sounds like more of an electrical fault. :think:

Does the fan/blower work at all?

All I ever get is cold air blowing through all vents. And then with ac on it gets really cold. But never gets hot. Also the heater lever on the center of the dash isn't connected properly to the cable and it doesn't work so I tried changing it manually through the engine bay by moving the lever in there. But no difference it seems. I need to try connect the cable back to the lever.

See in that last photo is that supposed to be connected to the heater lever on the dash?

Aww OK...........................

Yes that is meant to be connected to the heater controls.

Shame your not closer or I could have come and looked at it for you. Wont be up your way again now till December! :icon-smile:

It does sound like it shouldnt be too difficult to fix.

Your fan is working and hot water is making its way to the heater matrix.:think:

Yeah well I'm really confused right now. I changed the lever in the engine bay to open so the heater core is definitely getting fluid. The heater core case area heats up. The fan blows but it doesn't blow any cold air.
And yeah wish you could come help, you seem to know what your talking about haha

Hey its been a while on this. Still haven't gotten any of these issues sorted. Got my new rims on now though with the bugger offset and it looks way better. I'm also in the middle of my first service on it. Changed the engine oil and filter so far. Still got diffs and gearbox to do. And replace fuel filter. Although I'm not sure what I'm doing with the fuel filter.
Also replaced my drag link and tie Rod arm with new heavy duty ones as on was bent so just did them both at the same time.
I also saw some info about blanking the egr valve one 1HZ engines. Although I'm not sure if that is even on my car. Anyone know if it does?
Will put some pics up with the new rims and tray sides noe painted black.

Hers some quick pics from this morning. Got my zip tied mud flaps. All held on by zip ties and even the make shift zip tie chain.
y7y6esa3.jpg
py5y8ehu.jpg
ubarehyb.jpg
8e2yguje.jpg
5ahe6eja.jpg

Back