Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camping in Spain

hamba

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
We decided to ditch our Norway plans this year and change it for Spain around the beginning of August.
I've been looking at some camp sites but I would like some recommendations from you guys that have been/are there.

I'm thinking of somewhere north to northwest. Not full of caravans but has some nice clean facilities. I'm also looking for some place where we can pitch our tent in a field or something similar and not a dedicated pitch that looks like you should have brought the caravan with as you are stuck between them.

We are planning on spending a few days in one spot this year so I would like it to be a nice experience. I know that this time of the year is probably not the best but we can only do this in August.

Thanks
Hamba

It's going to be busy in August, especially along coast. I highly recommend Picos De Europa.

I'm aware that August is going to be busy, that is why I'm hoping someone will know of a hidden gem somewhere.
I'm also looking to find a spot which won't be over run by tourist. I'm thinking somewhere in land rather than the coast. I reckon the coast will be over run by tourists and their caravans so best to avoid that.

It will be murder! If its anything like inland here......cant even get out on to the main road on a Saturday.......I certainly wouldnt go on holiday in August even if I could.

Unfortunately early August is the only time we can do big trips because of work commitments and school holidays.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I live in southern Spain, but my wife is from the North, so we will be up on the north coast in August, going from east to west and back down through Portugal.

It's not possible in most places to book camping. We normally drive and look for somewhere, if we like it, we stay a few more nights, if we don't, we move on.
Most campsites are really organised with dedicated plots for vehicles, otherwise it would be mayhem. But they do have plots that are more suited to self sufficient people, rather than 100k€ campers.

Archie’s campings is good, as are ACSI

Thanks for all the info, we have found 2 campsites but they are in the north east, one being close to the coast and the other up in the mountain.

Back