Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can I save emails to my hard drive?

frank rabbets

Guru
With Talk Talk email at the moment. The older half of my inbox has disappeared today. In fact my inbox only goes back 3 months. There were old emails in inbox going back to 2019 which I wanted. My sent emails go right back to the beginning in June 2019 when I first had this computer.

I guess Talk Talk are "in charge" of my emails ? Is that the case ? If so can I automatically save my emails to my hard drive where they will be safer ?

With Talk Talk email at the moment. The older half of my inbox has disappeared today. In fact my inbox only goes back 3 months. There were old emails in inbox going back to 2019 which I wanted. My sent emails go right back to the beginning in June 2019 when I first had this computer.

I guess Talk Talk are "in charge" of my emails ? Is that the case ? If so can I automatically save my emails to my hard drive where they will be safer ?
Why don't you use "Thunderbird" ? and if you have any other email's like say Hotmail, Gmail etc, they all can be set up to get ail and of course it save's all to the HDD !

If you select print and then print to PDF from the print options, you can save individual emails to hard drive

All ISP's provide web based Email by default where emails are stored on their server. On top of that you can use a PC based mail program like Windows Outlook or Mac mail etc which can be setup to store emails on your hard drive. If you don't want to do that then Lorin's suggestion is the easiest/quickest solution.

Scary when i cant save anything on a windows laptop . I've got one email address with invoices and stuff going back 10 maybe closer to 20 years !

I had a delete session this morning only to find that my inbox only went back to Feb this year !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Consider moving to Gmail or similar - have my emails back to 2006 when I created my account and still not out of space yet!

ISP email is far inferior to web based solutions these days and ties you to the ISP to keep the email.

Moving email addresses is a pain but you can transition over time.

Keeping emails on a hard drive isn't great either as unless you have a backup routine they can be lost easily.l due to failure or accidental deletion.

Back