Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central Locking, Whats Going On?

t1pper

Country Flag
uk
Hi,

My remote central locking has stoped working, the key makes the indicators flash but the locks do not open, I can unlock the drivers door with the key but this does not unlock the other doors either, so it seems a central locking fault ?

Any ideas where to start?

If its a collie you hold both lock and unlock fob buttons down at the same time to re-sync

UPDATE
Its a 100 Amazon 1999 4.2 Diesel, all the door locks work when activated by the switch on the drivers door so the system works, it just will not work when used with the key fob.

However the key fob will make the indicator lights flash but as normal but without the central locking working, parked up at home last night working came outside today not working???

The wiring loom for the drivers door runs from the front pillar into the door. Every time you open the door it bends the wires. They are designed to take this but in the end a wire may break. The drivers door is used a lot more than the other doors. You may have a broken wire where it bends or a faulty connection inside the door.

Came out this morning and everything is working as it should, cant tell what the problem was but I am happy its working now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back