'charger for Blown80's LC

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
12316356_640072302801043_2097566327030662698_n[1].jpg

I'm trying to picture what exactly needs a blower that big!

On a serious note though - would something that big still spin as quick as a smaller one? Char versions seems to be around the 52000RPM mark.

Nope is the short answer. I would hazard a guess that it's a screw compressor, probably for pumping natural gas at seriously high pressures hence the multiple shaft seals and thick casing. Probably rotates at no more than 3600 rpm in the States or 3000 over here. These sort of things get coupled to huge motors in the thousands of hp. It's quite mind boggling really.

Nah that's a magnified pic of the turbo in a new Euro spec 50cc car they are developing and the guy in the blue overalls is one of them invisible gremlins they put in all new cars .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Found the same image on the MAN page -

The broad product range includes compressors and expanders, as well as industrial gas and steam turbines for most industrial and power applications – MAN offers numerous solutions, from single casing compressors to large multi-casing machine trains.

Crispin, using some clever comparative proportioning tools, eyeballs, I have accurately measured the size of this supercharger and the available space under my bonnet.
Yes it will fit with some minor tweaking, so the upgrade is on.
I have sent the company a quote request, along with a manifold adaptor from 'MAHOOSIVE' down to 4" diameter.
Merely awaiting their reply.

I'll let you know how I go, thank you for the tip. :icon-biggrin:

This is still one of my favourite photos...... :icon-cool:

Sprintex.JPG

That looks like a pretty serious shoe horn was used when fitting that! [emoji4]

It was a decent size shoehorn, yes.
We had to pretty much clear out the engine bay bar the engine itself, although a lot of gear came off that as well, and then build it all up again.
But it's still the original engine, the head has never been off, and can shave a set of wheel studs off by just looking at the go pedal.
The biggest issue created with the install is it makes my face ache from grinning all the time.

I expect your wallet can ache at the pumps as well if you do too much bootin'. [emoji33]

Ignore that. Its what happens when you use tge internet at odd hours!!!

I expect your wallet can ache at the pumps as well if you do too much bootin'. [emoji33]

Ummm....short answer..Yes !! :icon-biggrin:

I can average around 18-19L/100kms (12mpg) if I'm nice and gentle with her on the highway.

I won't write in a public domain what the 'full noise' consumption rate is in case the missus reads this. But lets just say low single digits in mpg :icon-wink:

My 325L fuel capacity makes distance between fills less of an issue at least.

Bet it sounds nice when on full boot,maybe a little video of it :whistle:

Back