1. David - maybe, depending on border controls;
2. Jon Wildsmith - maybe depending on border controls and programming;
3. Chas, . . . . . . if I can get a new kidney before September. :laughing:

This has been a revelation for us.

IMG_20200613_084905.jpg

Stiga.

It's 4x4 and articulated.

Has a cup holder too...

Following the lifting of all restrictions and border closures and such nonsense, if anyone is interested or able to visit us this year, please let us know by posting here your names, in an orderly fashion, to give us an idea in advance. As usual, it’s free to members, their families/guests.

The best dates for us will be the last 2 weeks in August 2020, but the exact dates are to suit you guys. It’s always a free and easy approach for us, come and go as you please.

It’s first come first served as far as accommodation is concerned. There’s room for about 5 Land Cruisers in the garden, camping welcome, maybe more at a push and there’s 3 or 4 en-suite rooms up for grabs (depending on whether sis-in-law is still staying with us).

We were hoping that 2 more en-suite rooms would be finished, but the lockdown has hit that construction program hard, so it’s unlikely that they will be ready. There’s always an inflatable bed option on the floor or dossing on a settee... depends how fussy you are :lol:

If you put your name down, please PM me your phone number so we have a way to contact you if plans change either way. I’ll reply with my number so you’ll know who the hell is phoning you at 01:00AM on a Sunday... JK

We desperately hope that travel will be permitted by then, we kicked this off in 2015 (IIRC) and most who’ve come here have enjoyed I think, we don’t seem to have had any complaints - yet...

It‘s usually a couple of weeks (less your travel time each way) of day-trips in our locality which, for the benefit of newcomers, is scenic hills and mountains, forests, maybe a castle visit if that suits, and a trip down to the local river for some BBQ and a cold one or two. Nothing extreme, unless your name is Nick, or you really do insist on some grief.

Did I mention BBQ? There’s usually a fair bit of that going on.

So here’s looking forward to some responses (if any) we’ll miss you guys if nobody shows....
Wish I could visit you Clive,but our reponsibilities with animals must take precedence.Living on a small farmlet is great
but it does tie you down,but I guess you keep pretty busy with your maintenence.Are you still doing lots of overseas travel?
I'll look forward to seeing some more photos of your family and home.Cheers from Pat.

Iv been taken off the list Then :lol:

Iv been taken off the list Then :lol:
Absolutely not Higgy, I’ve reinstated you at no. 4, (it was easier to copy paste like that with my banana fingers on an iPad :lol: ):doh:

4. Higgy and Clare...(Subject to Clare missing out on her Teachers Holiday this year) :lol:

This has been a revelation for us.

View attachment 166431
Stiga.

It's 4x4 and articulated.

Has a cup holder too...

I really like the look of that Mike, it would be just the job on our hill, specially with 4x4 on some of the steeper parts of our grass. I like the low and forward position of the deck too, great for nosing under bushes and stuff like we have here.

The choice on offer here is very limited. Mainstream stuff only and even that is not much of a range.

I look with envy at some of the US youtube channels, with guys using stand-on zero-turns and what have you, knowing full well there’s no chance to get one of those here...

I’ll be looking at the Stiga catalogue next, but not hopeful there’s a stockist here. Germany’s always the nearest place for stuff like that, but then there’s all the faff of import duty and whatnot. I’ll never understand why that is, we’re supposed to be in the EU.

You guys are spoiled in the UK :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wish I could visit you Clive,but our reponsibilities with animals must take precedence.Living on a small farmlet is great
but it does tie you down,but I guess you keep pretty busy with your maintenence.Are you still doing lots of overseas travel?
I'll look forward to seeing some more photos of your family and home.Cheers from Pat.

Hi Pat, good to hear from you mate :thumbup:

As travel goes, not so much of it these days, thank goodness, it does get to be a bind after a few years.

I was in Istanbul in March, in fact the day I left, Turkey had its first case of the virus, so that’s when the shutters came down.

I‘ve got 4 projects under my responsibility at the moment, 2 in Ethiopia and 2 in Indonesia, neither of which I’ve visited yet. I’m hoping I can avoid that, but if they blow-up to need Arbitration, that will need some visits to Paris where they hold the hearings. Fingers crossed we can succeed with a negotiated settlement, and avoid that.

Anyway, you know you’re always welcome here even though it’s so very far to travel.
Stay save Pat, and take care of you and yours and your animals, you’re living the good-life, trust me :lol:

I really like the look of that Mike, it would be just the job on our hill, specially with 4x4 on some of the steeper parts of our grass. I like the low and forward position of the deck too, great for nosing under bushes and stuff like we have here.

The choice on offer here is very limited. Mainstream stuff only and even that is not much of a range.

I look with envy at some of the US youtube channels, with guys using stand-on zero-turns and what have you, knowing full well there’s no chance to get one of those here...

I’ll be looking at the Stiga catalogue next, but not hopeful there’s a stockist here. Germany’s always the nearest place for stuff like that, but then there’s all the faff of import duty and whatnot. I’ll never understand why that is, we’re supposed to be in the EU.

You guys are spoiled in the UK :lol:
I wasn't looking to buy, the bloke at the country store 5 mins from us, who I know well, saw me studying one they had in part ex.
He said try it for the day if I want.

After using it for the day I just didn't want to go back to the old set up.

It made the job a joy rather than a ball ache. I look forward to cutting the grass now.

Hijack over..

2. Jon Wildsmith - Chunnel booked
4. Higgy and Clare...(Subject to Clare missing out on her Teachers Holiday this year) :lol:

Just updating my status.

2. Jon Wildsmith - Chunnel booked

Just updating my status.

Wow, that’s much more than a maybe, great stuff Jon :thumbup:

cant believe its been 5 years from the 1st visit, well if (big if ) i am still on furlong i might pop down to Romania to see you and your family but i have problem i can only use the car for this trip as the LC is off the road for repairs

Wow, that’s much more than a maybe, great stuff Jon :thumbup:
I have no idea what my route or itinerary will be yet Clive, just that I have a Chunnel booking to leave these shores on the afternoon of the 13th August and that I'm heading in your direction looking out for interesting places to visit along the way. The rest is a work in progress :cool:

cant believe its been 5 years from the 1st visit, well if (big if ) i am still on furlong i might pop down to Romania to see you and your family but i have problem i can only use the car for this trip as the LC is off the road for repairs

It would be good to see you again Mike, if you can make it. Time flies at an alarming rate, must be sign of getting old (er) ....
Anyway, there’s always an empty seat in my truck, so if we do some tracks, you won’t miss out.

Looking forward to this, if plans don’t change... :thumbup:

I have no idea what my route or itinerary will be yet Clive, just that I have a Chunnel booking to leave these shores on the afternoon of the 13th August and that I'm heading in your direction looking out for interesting places to visit along the way. The rest is a work in progress :cool:

Like I said Jon, it’s a free ‘n’ easy, come and go as you please.

I’ve always fancied Croatia and Montenegro but they’re a bit off the bee-line. Suppose it’s down to how much time you have. I’ve never driven the journey to the UK, so I’m no help. I know that it’s a 3-day straight line dash, 4 days (or more) would give you some visiting time on the way.

thanks clive
will get things moving at my end
going to be a pain but, if there is a room avail can i have it please

Is it true when i get back to uk i need to go into 14 days lockdown with the wife again

thanks clive
will get things moving at my end
going to be a pain but, if there is a room avail can i have it please

Is it true when i get back to uk i need to go into 14 days lockdown with the wife again

Room available Mike, first come first served, and you‘re the first to ask.

A reminder to others, we have 4 rooms available (now 3) so if you need / want one, please say so.

After a long journey and usually camping to get here, we’ll try to accommodate everyone, but it depends how many arrive and what your preferences are.

No idea what ‘rules’ apply in the UK Mike, nor the rules when passing through the various countries to get here. Sorry mate, you might get stuck indoors with .... well ...
‘er indoors. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I have a room please Clive

Just been doing some research and it seems how things stand at the moment it seems pretty much impossible to drive to Romania. It all seems very sketchy where you can drive though at the moment

Last edited:
Back