Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Come over from the darker side... :)

rekab69

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Just become the proud owner of an 05 13k Amazon 4.2.. having been a Defender boy through and through..

Should have done so years ago..

Had it really a month now and haven't had to spend a weekend or mad evening bolting bits back on.. :)

Strange to have all this spare time on my hands..

Read through a few posts on hear great forum.

db.

Hi db, and welcome to this most friendly forum. Glad you’ve finally found your true path, and with a 100 series you’ve certainly made quite a change. Post some pics up sometime, we all like to see pics and perhaps tell us how you plan to use your new truck. 13,000 miles on a hundee is not even run in. Good find! It must be like it’s just come out the factory. :)

Best wishes

Richard

Hi Richard,

Opps... 113k...!! still only just run in I guess... :) Will use it for work & towing an Indespension twin axle trailer..

db.

Welcome to the forum db. Where the hell did you find an 05 Amazon with 13k on the clock? Great find! And what's with the link to balaclava?

What are your plans with it? Green laning/ Overlanding? Upload some photos so we can see the new toy.

sorry, thats weird. I'm sure when I wrote that comment the 'Amazon' word in your thread was a hyperlink to a balaclava on some website.

Damn I gotta stop smokin' crack in the morning

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi & welcome. great bunch of people on here, happy to help with any questions :)

Thanks Steve, just reading up on re charging the AC..

on another note would you know how long before I can post in the wanted classifieds..?

Cheers,

db.

not sure but might be 10 posts? have to check with Admin

sorry, thats weird. I'm sure when I wrote that comment the 'Amazon' word in your thread was a hyperlink to a balaclava on some website.

Damn I gotta stop smokin' crack in the morning

They definitely appear, it's part of the advertising software called Viglink that runs on the forum. @Crispin might be able to explain more

Hi Steve,

Only 39 years, still a new boy then... Eh?.. :)

When I bought it from a second hand car site i noted the A/c wasn't working, I allowed myself to be fobbed off with "it only needs re gassing" so down went the purchase price..

What are your thoughts on these DIY re gassing cans..?

On reading up on here full vacuum test, correct weight of gas, correct amount of oil... etc. so I feel it's far more technical than squirting in an aerosol of gas..??

Cheers,

db.

A thing to look out for on 100's with rear aircon is the pipes going to the rear of the car can corrode and leak. The gas is shared with the front system. The rear pipes can be replaced with flexible ones or, if you don't want rear aircon, the rear section can be bypassed.

Back