Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coolant change

Ducktape

Hi guys, I've need to replace my coolant on my 95. I have bought the Redstuff from Mr T. Now just need to get in there and do it, but I can't find the "how to posts" I read before on here... Could anyone please help. From memory you need to drain the radiator, undo the hoses, get the hosepipe in to flush the engine coolant out too, etc.

Thanks in advance!

on the bottom of the rad is a plastic drain just undo and drain off :thumbup:

then once its empty you can drop the hoses off if required to flush through the system.

Joe

also once empty take out the plastic drain plug and check the o ring seal and replace if neccersary. i always put a little bit of silicone grease on the o rings to help them when your doing it up, as the last thing you want is a leaky drain off when the new coolant is in.

Joe

Cheers Joe,

Will be doing that tomorow. I've read on here somewhere that you need to connect your garden hose to one of the radiator hoses, start the car with the heaters (front and rear) on max heat to flush out all the antifreeze in the engine block and heater pipes...? The radiator only holds 5L and the rest of the system 6L which equals the 11L as per the specifications...

MrT kindly snapped my plastic drainplug when they were going to do it for me, did not have a spare plug and couldn't do the work but still charged me!!! :evil: Even after almost knocking the service manager's front teeth out because they refused to return my keys without payment for the 'labour' (wait I'm getting angry again... let's just say that they will never-ever-ever see me again...)

I have bought a new plug and washer from another Mr T dealer in Milton Keynes (very friendly and professional service from this dealership) for half the quoted price from my local dealer.

If you want to know which one to avoid... I live near Woodford, Essex...

Back