Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"Coolest car in the village"

Neil Stone

I was at a house warming party on Saturday night.
One young fella (early twenties) delighted me by saying that we (my wife and I) had the "coolest car in the village" :icon-biggrin:

Delighted, especially when another local lad agreed with him.

Whats the best compliment anyone has made about your Landcruiser?

I think the nicest thing that's been said about my Land Cruiser, which I must admit is er, :think: a little cosmetically challenged :lol:, was by Dave, Julian V's assistant when he said "I love your truck, it's got character" :thumbup:

On a dry riverbed in Slovienia.

IMG_1861.jpg

Last edited:
It was nice getting a "are you interested in selling your land cruiser" note on the window less than 12 hours after buying it!

When I took N80MUD for MOT there was a shout down the workshop "hey you lot come and look at this f**ker"
When Sheena was parked in B&Q in Bradford in her red Cruiser someone was waiting by it wanting to know if it was for sale (last week)
The best compliment though was for A1ALL which I have used for 15 years at the last Lincomb meet when someone said " I did'nt think there were any left in this
condition"

Andy

We had had about a metre of snow and took a drive up the mountain (Sinaia) on the old stone forest road.

When we pulled up behind a Ford Maverick that was stuck deep in a snow-filled dich, with 6 guys who'd given up trying to get it out, one of them shouted...

"hey, here's a real 4x4!".

It was a real pleasure pulling them out, with a single very easy gentle pull with no fuss at all. I'm always proud to drive my 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had the head mechanic in my local MrT tell me my truck was cleaner and drove better than most 2 year old ones they got in. At the time my truck was 7 years old with 140,000 miles on the clock. Proud I was

Have similar snow stories to Clive, sweetest was with a BMW X5 that got out of its depth.. on the road!!

Around three years ago we were discussing plans for my son's wedding and the subject of wedding cars came up. My then future daughter-in-law immediately said, "I want to go to my wedding in Elsie" (the family name for our 40).

PICT0075.jpg

Actually 40s cause a bit of a stir where ever they go. So if don't want to be looked at and spoken to, virtually every time you stop, don't get a 40.

Enjoy Lincomb, wish we were with you all.
Regards,

I go out laneing with a few Landy obsesives up here. Its always nice when they're all stuck or broken down and say "Thank F**K the Cruiser is here"

Some great replies there.

Chas, I saw your truck at Julians, it certainly has character !!!
Infact it could be quite intimidating, I bet you get some space in car parks (my old 60 series always had a clear bay either side of it, out of malice I liked to park next to really new and shiny range rovers/bmw's etc).

Rodger, I suspect you are entirely right about the 40 series. I have found myself talking to quite a few.......as well as their drivers.

Well my kids always thought Lil' Blue was cooler than cool. They were really gutted when I told them I was selling it.

Last edited:
two teenagers taking photos on their phones from a Porsche Cayenne whilst i was filling up did it for me - oh and the smiles & thumbs up! their dad didnt look too chuffed

Was out doing some night laning in the Peaks with a bunch Landie addicts. To give the leader a rest, I took their young lad in with me as Gate Gopher. After a few manoeuvres up some very steep sections, he asked if he could use the radio, well sure I said, but usually it's only for really important things. Oh it is he assured me.

Dad.

Dad.

DAD!!

Yes, what is it NOW

Dad, we have to get a LANDCRUSIER

Couldn't really repeat the response from Dad.

C

I had the new 33" wellies fitted yesterday and the guy asked me if had steps to get in and out and was flabbergasted when I told him they are wee tyres on a cruiser !! He then asked was I selling it cos he'd love a big barsteward like that for the snow ! Lol

fj40mag.jpg

I asked if I could get a pic of my 40 in the "readers rigs" section and got this! That amazes me still

Back