Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Copper sealing washers

Not sure if it would come up as it wasn't labelled as a recall. i think the wording was something like goodwill campaign. but if you ring toyota UK with the reg they should be able to tell you if it has been done.

I haven't heard anything about the warranty extension.

I spoke with Toyota this morning and no it is not a recall jobbie but would be done if either the car went in for service and had not been done or if a request for it to be done was made to a service centre.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I wonder if any of you knowledgable guys can help.I have an D4D engine number, 1KD1311276 would anyone know if this is within the sequence of engines that had the copper injector seal fitted when the engine was built,hopeI've explained myself properly,thanks

Hi Matthew

the vin number is what you need.

The date and vins affected are as follows.

Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007

As expected , My VIN is within the affected range, but funnily enough there is no smoke , warning lights etc .
Mine exhibits a very high crankcase pressure i.e it will pop the rocker cover oil filler cap off if on loosely just one turn.. I guess this is not normal ??

Hi Matthew

the vin number is what you need.

The date and vins affected are as follows.

Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007
Thanks Joe,

Last edited:
When i was looking for my LC i looked at a 2005 lc4 it didnt come into the affected no.s too.

its not an easy one to follow but hope that your potential purchase is not affected.

Here goes regarding my visit to Toyota regarding my truck...I enquired about my injectors and copper sealing rings .Salesman reply Even though your engine number is within the ranges of the engine numbers listed your Build status is different therefore it does not apply to you.. Hmmmmm ????

Why the excessive crankcase pressure i asked ? Salesmen reply " Possible skimmed head due to gasket failure as your engine has been rebuilt .. You should have seen the shock on my face !!! I now look forward to a replacement engine as I am now unsure as to how well this one has been rebuilt ... Has it been bodged to sell ??

Lets hope not for your sake.Is this a Toyota garage you have taken the car to,just wondering if the mechanic knows what he is talking about?

Sorry just seen it is Toyota but does the second part of question still apply.

Back