Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Countryfile go 4x4 in the peaks

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
Tonight on Countryfile (BBC1 6pm) they go into the peak district to see how they can stop illegal 4x4 use !

Nick.

Nothing special, just the usual arguments, for and against, the outshot is that the Police need to clamp down on those who use it illegally by speeding, showing no concideration to other users, going off track and their vehicles not being road worthy, so basically spoiling it for those of us 4x4 users who do foloow the off road code of conduct !

Nick.

The problem in this country is so few people have the ability to form a logical structured argument. There are people riding illegally, so let's make it illegal? That's like banning crime. It's complete nonsense. Laws only govern the law abiding. Those who break the law are OUTlaws. Should people be able to drive their 4x4s all over the place regardless. No, I don't think they should. Should people be able to ride their 'Clip-clops' on the road causing a problem for cars? They've plenty of country to go and gallop across. They could go and chase some foxes. Ahh, no hang on. Would I ban horses from the roads? Of course not. As long as they are courteous. And many of them aren't! It seems that anyone out doing anything and openly being seen to be having FUN needs to be banned.
Joggers, horse riders, crag rats etc all look flaming miserable. So they're safe. You go out on a bike, quad or 4x4 with a smile on your face and it's not seemly!

Should we ban people from the roads who go out at night, dressed in black with their backs to the traffic? Maybe natural selection will take care of those.

Pity they didn't interview anyone sensible in a 4x4. OK they were law abiding but not a great advert for the 'sport'.

Can't help feeling that ultimately they will get their way. Tolerance just seems to have died a death. Just for once, I'd like to find a pastime that someone isn't trying to ban. Not had a great track record so far!!

C

Chris said:
The problem in this country is so few people have the ability to form a logical structured argument.
Very true Chris.

The guy from the TRF was very articulate and made some valid points, pity he only got about 45 seconds of air time :doh:

Chris said:
Can't help feeling that ultimately they will get their way. Tolerance just seems to have died a death.
Sorry to break it to you like this Chris but they already have got their way, what we drive now are just the left over scraps they haven't got round to yet.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Chris said:
Can't help feeling that ultimately they will get their way. Tolerance just seems to have died a death.
Sorry to break it to you like this Chris but they already have got their way, what we drive now are just the left over scraps they haven't got round to yet.

I am so sad I missed out on so much. Do you think that this will ever change Jon? No point in hoping is there :cry:

TonyP said:
I am so sad I missed out on so much. Do you think that this will ever change Jon? No point in hoping is there :cry:
Only going to get worse not better :evil: Best get out there and drive what's left while you still can ;)

I have to say that if I was a Farmer, I would take a bit of land and make an off road place around here (with all appropriate permissions of course) and just take money off people to drive around on it. Got to be easier than farming it. Not everyone's cup of tea just as laning isn't, but there is huge market appeal for pay and play.

Chris

Jon Wildsmith said:
Best get out there and drive what's left while you still can ;)
I'm trying hard :dance:

Chris said:
I have to say that if I was a Farmer, I would take a bit of land and make an off road place around here (with all appropriate permissions of course) and just take money off people to drive around on it. Got to be easier than farming it. Not everyone's cup of tea just as laning isn't, but there is huge market appeal for pay and play.

Chris

A bit like Tony and Lincomb farm. Sad reality this will be all that is left to us in [strike:34zcn69e]UK[/strike:34zcn69e] stike that, in the EU!

Maybe emigrate? Here's a new 2191km track called Binn's track that has just opened for 4wders in Australia. Different attitude. You still have the "boonah donut brigade" but that is a global phenomenon.

SimonD said:
Maybe emigrate? Here's a new 2191km track called Binn's track that has just opened for 4wders in Australia. Different attitude. You still have the "boonah donut brigade" but that is a global phenomenon.

thats one of the reasons im going to emigrate to OZ! i did a lot of 4x4ing when i was over there and it was great. theres defiantly a completely different attitude in that they promote 4x4ing and its not frowned upon by the majority of the population like over here.

i think its only a matter of time until all the lanes are closed over here.

there now trying to close a few of the best lanes in the peak district such as stanage edge and chapel gate. :thumbdown:

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/chapelgate

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/index/ne ... m?id=23743

Back