Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash Light circuit

paulblah

Country Flag
australia
Can I pick up a circuit in the the fuse box with a piggy back fuse that works with dashlights? Don't really to cut into the main 12v systems loom.

I just need dash power for some switches.

Cheers all

Don't cut into the loom.

If your 70 is like mine, under the bonnet, in the front right corner by the air cleaner, is the fuse box you are looking for. Mr T, in his generosity, put it there just for you to use for whatever you want. Under the lid you will find an earth (E-) terminal and three positive terminals, each with its own fuse; one on the right as you stand at the front of the car (B+) is permanently live; one in the middle (IGN) is live when the ignition switch is on; one on the left (ACC) is live when the ignition switch is in the ACC position. Run a wire from whichever one suits your purpose back through the bulkhead and up under the dash to wherever you need it. Put in a junction box under the dash if you have lots of things you want to run off it, but fuse each accessory individually.

My car is 1994 so this fuse box is situated conveniently for extra lights, it dates from the days before everybody wanted navigation systems, cameras, and all that screen-based stuff we take for granted these days. If your car is a lot younger maybe Mr T moved this fuse box to a more convenient place for all that gubbins, perhaps under the dash. Have you got a wiring diagram for yours?

Attachments

• DSC00626.JPG
    DSC00626.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00629.JPG
    DSC00629.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for your reply. Im aware of that fuse box and use it for a few things, gps, phone chargers ect, but I don't see how it helps me access the dash light circuit?

was pretty obvious really, I was overthinking it. Just picked up the lights circuit with a piggy back fuse.

Back