Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dashboard reflections

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
one of the few complaints I have about 120 design is the relections from the upper dash to the windscreen.a matt finish would have been a better choice. did anyone ever lightly sand it to reduce the glare?
sorry about the pic,it's difficult to show
20231221_110841.jpg
my 80's dash is a perfect shape and texture,no reflections

Get a dash mat from Oz or SA ....got one in the 80 and it looses all those annoying reflections .
We used to get the dash on our rally cars coated with a black flock like material that did the same thing.....

does the dash mat stay in place or is it stuck on?
that black flock material sounds like a final solution that wouldn't move

Can't say I ever noticed it on my 120 dash, or from the faux leather dash mat to protect it either, the flock one may be the way to go, and by covering the dash you get that all important protection to stop cracking.
They usually come with small self adhesive Velcro tabs to stick to dash then dash mat to those in strategic places. IIRC someone used small tabs of double sided tape instead.

This was my dashmat I got from AliExpress and it comes in different colours and fits pretty good also
Only advice is don't stick to the dashboard on passenger side due to airbag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222_125644_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231222_125644_Photos.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 21
This is an example on AliExpress but cheaper ones on there and good quality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222_130717_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231222_130717_AliExpress.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 21
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Or add a storage solution with a dash mat from 4x4 Assist South Africa.
IMG_1523.png

Custom made to whatever you want.

does the dash mat stay in place or is it stuck on?
that black flock material sounds like a final solution that wouldn't move
My 80 series one is held in place by a few double sided securing strips.....never moves at all and keeps the interior a bit cooler somehow when parked in the sun .
The black flock is permanent...... and we sent the dash away ...I don't think it's a DIY job

my dash is a bit cracked and knackered so I'll think about lightly sanding it with something,what could possibly go wrong?

got to be worth a try at that price Tony,my 120's offroad everyday getting battered,I wonder if it'll stay in place on the bouncy bits?

HI

I have a couple matts from AliExpress, for 120 and Hilux. Good fit, great value.

G.

Back