Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Devon 4x4 visit.

wobbly

Garage
Went along with a Defender group today (my buddy is a member) to Devon 4x4.

They opened up the workshops and shop stores, very accommodating.

They are moving their shop to a much bigger building, loads of expedition stuff.

On display are two James Baroud pop-up hardshell rooftents, very impressive and well thought out, still £2k though.

Also a chinese LongRoad pop-up, way cheaper kit and not worth the £1400 the manufacturer wants, £800 would be fair.

Nice idea for a trip out, altho it was really freezing cold!

£2000 I know but look at the price of the same spec but in a Maggi!! They're over £3k and no shifting on prices either.

I managed to pick up a Maggiolina last week for £850, matress and pillows still in the wrapper. I spoke to the maggiolina importer as i wanted one and also my mechanic wanted one, the only deal he would offer was if i took five of them

Tommy, if you fell in a river you'd come out with trout in your pockets mate. Jammy ****

I know just how lucky I was with that, I rang the guy and that's what he wanted for it, absolute bargain and it's not in that horrible blue colour it's a nice grey one. Very overpriced for a new one

Lah lah lah not listening...fingers in ears ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, I can see the baroud selling because the magi is uber £££.

Yes, but the JB is not a cheaply made thing by any means. It's competitively priced. It has lots of features and made of quality parts that's for sure.

For sure, I was impressed by the baroud.

The WrongRoad however looked poor by comparison, certainly the price gap wasnt enough.

Had a look on google, seems the longroad is a chinese copy of the Autohomes Magiolina.

Back