Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diagnosing a noise??

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
Hope someone can shed some light on this, I have a noise which is an intermittent squeal/whine like at a specific part during the rotation of the wheels/props and it is only evident when slowing down and only occurs after driving for a bit, it doesn't happen from a cold start, only after driving a while.
Was meant to drop it with a mechanic who changed the front calipers for me as we thought this was the issue but it hasn't solved it. Cannot do much in lockdown so just thought I would ask on here. have a 1.75 suspension lift and -32 offset wheels with 285/75 R16 hankook MT RTO3's.
I think something must be heating up/expanding to cause the noise? Never happens when driving it first thing from cold.

If its definitely coming from under the truck then failing UJ bearings is all i can think of ?

or dry ones , give them a shot of grease see if it changes anything .

If its definitely coming from under the truck then failing UJ bearings is all i can think of ?

or dry ones , give them a shot of grease see if it changes anything .
I will give them a shot but from previous experience of having a bad UJ it made noise no matter what, this is never noisy on start up just starts after driving for a bit.

No noise while a UJ died on both my swb 90's vibration in the rear view mirror was the telltale . An intake leak can cause some very odd and difficult to locate noises .

Back