Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dog or load stopper

j555fjr

im going to be making a full size load guard for my 80 soon, ive just been pricing up materials and sizing up. just wondered if anyone would be interested in buying one as i thought if im making one i my as well make 2....

:think:

Hi,

Could be interested in this. Any pics or rough price for what you have in mind?

Cheers,
Iain

Not got any pics yet cos I've not made it just planning it. Not got any prices either till steel prices come in the morning. I'm going to make it so that it can be added to to make up false load bed with pull out draws or storage under the false bed also maybe a shelf at the front. I can have them paint or I may be able to get them powder-coated. Just thought I would ask asim making one anyway for myself and want to add to it in time.

Deffo interested, keep me dated with prices, trying to find a decent one is nigh on impossible

Cheers,
Iain

Not impossible Toyota has loads if you wanna pay 400 quid to keep rover in the boot! Mine wont be that price, I will do em for 399!!!!! :whistle:

What about putting a lead on the dog and fastening the other end to the the back somewhere?

Frank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Your search is over :mrgreen:

10072010969.jpg

10072010970.jpg

I've made a few of these for some of the guys on here - one made it around Mongolia & another to Cape Town :cool:

Ooh Mr Gav Peter, mate, buddy, pal ;) How much would you be wanting for one of those?

I have been searching high and low for something like that but not had any luck. The ones I have seen don't look as solid as yours.

Or J555fjr I would be interested in one of yours if Gav can't supply ;)

thats the idea but mine is going to be alittle bit differant..... hopefully!

got started today in between jump starting the car early morning and doing some work! i will hopefully get some pics up soon..........

Would need one for sure if she was forced to travel right in the back!

ok so i have made a start then had to stop. why is it whenever i start something for myself someone wants something done......
dogguard206.jpg
....ive made mine streight up and down because i was thinking if i made it the shape the seat angle is, when i fitt draws i will have a useless space between the seat and the draw. so i will use this space maybe for the multi changer and inverter, or a long lock box.
dogguard208.jpg
i have also made it in 2 pieces so the top unbolts, thought it may be handy if i wanted to put something long in the car. i will put up some more pics if anyone wants them, i have yet to mesh in the top piece and in fill the bottom, think i will sheet the bottom in so the draws are completely seperate?

:think:

dogguard206.jpg

dogguard208.jpg

Hope you don't mind me fixing your links - I wanted to see what all the fuss was about :mrgreen:

Looking good there; neat idea making it in two halves... :thumbup:

:cool:

Hope you don't mind me fixing your links - I wanted to see what all the fuss was about :mrgreen:

Looking good there; neat idea making it in two halves... :thumbup:

:cool:[/quote]

The 2 halves loooks clever - what's the reason behind it btw?
So you can fold the top down or?
There are different applications but ours (the one that made it to cape Town ;)) was definitely used as a load guard AND very importantly, security ie to turn the vehicle in to 2 separate secure areas. Speaking of which, we were broken in to but they hit the front - must be cause the back looked too secure and blacked out :roll:
With this in mind, how strong would the top part be if it was hinged / how would it lock (or am I totally off tangent!)

Gav. Lorien asked where the dog guard for Ruby is.. I suggest you git yer butt in gear :lol: :lol:

Pics of Ruby coming right up

I don't think halving the thing should make it any weaker but maybe an intermediate brace/support will be required on the lower section to stop it flopping about with the top section removed - it all depends on the design that j555fjr comes up with & how it gets integrated into the drawer system :ugeek:

Looking forward to the next update :cool:

Matt Wright said:
Lorien asked where the dog guard for Ruby is.. I suggest you git yer butt in gear
She doesn't want it in time for Christmas does she??? :shock:

Matt Wright said:
Pics of Ruby coming right up
Hurry up you slacker!!! :lol:

:cool:

the idea of 2 halves is so i can take down the top to put long things is, ie step ladders. its going to be bolted together i did think of hindges but if it folded down it would sit in the load space at a angle taking up room so now i can unbolt it and lay it flat. there is still 2 top brackets to make yet but i will make them later and do away with the bungie! the bottom is bolted to the floor and will be bolted to sections towards the back of the car then the final piece will go crosswards in the back and will also be bolted down, are you with me? its going to be very strong but still quite light and although the top unbolts i may not need it to but you never know. when i get all this done the next thing will be a shelf in the top possibily or i might start my bumper. but then again i need a new stereo, and my cb needs put in, and ive got a little water leak, need a new windscreen, need my light sorted, need some tyres, where my shocks? steering wheels got to go, central locking doesnt work, need inverter wired, need electrics put in.........

what the hell am i doing?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
why did i buy a car to prep when its dark all the time and bloody cold!!!! :roll:

I agree that hinging the thing would be troublesome to achieve & not very practical to use so splitting it is a neat alternative. BTW, whats your name? I cant keep calling you j555fjr :oops: Is it Jim from your photofnckit links? :ugeek:

I think I might add some flat bar tabs to make slots to locate the two halves as well as a bolts through the two box sections but thats probably OTT...

No worries on the links - just copy the IMG link from photofnckwit & paste on the post - that way you don't need to bother with the IMG button on the forum :ugeek:

Its not much fun wrenching on these things out there when its wet & cold eh :lol:

Va bene

Back