Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drivers door won't unlock

Brett

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem with my drivers door, it won't unlock at all. The key still operates the central locking but the drivers door isn't unlocking, can't unlock from inside the car using the door handle lock either.

I suspect one of the linkages inside may have dislodged, anyone had this before, or any suggestions? It's an awkward one as I can't open the door at all to take the door card off!

Thanks.

Had this happen on my 90 once and it turned to be the door catch rather than the lock , i removed the handle you use to open door from the inside and pulled on the lever bar with pliers .

Had this happen on my 90 once and it turned to be the door catch rather than the lock , i removed the handle you use to open door from the inside and pulled on the lever bar with pliers .
Thanks Shayne,I'll give that a try.

What did you have to do to fix it?

KR
Brett

It was very obvious and very simple to fix once i got the door card off , didn't even need parts a nut & bolt had fallen out and was sat waiting to be put back on .

It was very obvious and very simple to fix once i got the door card off , didn't even need parts a nut & bolt had fallen out and was sat waiting to be put back on .
Fingers crossed!

Well, it's not a simple fix, I've now got the drivers seat out, and all the screws out of the door card, trying to pull the door card with the door closed is nigh on impossible. I've walked away for a bit to cool off!

Other than destroying the door card, I'm stumped what to do next.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Trying to guess what part has failed and searching for pics it struck me that if the key won't open the door the its the barrel that failed . Next search gave me this

Not genuine but they all look pretty much the same and the pictures give a very clear view , could you reach in to get hold of whatever attaches to that yellow plastic bit ?

I've made a bit of progress, I have managed to release the door card without destroying it yesterday, had other stuff to do then so I'll have a look today. The barrel is opening and locking all the other doors, also the internal lock isn't' working, comparing to the passengers side, if I pull the internal handle there is a central shaft that rotates, on the drivers side, it's not moving. Hopefully I'll get the door at least open today, then I'll be able to have a proper look.

To get the door car off with the door closed, you need to remove the seat, then the B pillar trim, then some careful prying to get the card past the B pillar flange!

Back