Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drivers seat in place of Passengers...is it possiable

warrenpfo

So after a few miles the wife is slowly starting to come around to liking the 80. The one big gripe she has is the passenger front seat is rather crap compared to the 100 she is used too.

Having let her drive it around a bit she mentioned the drivers seat is much better given its adjustability and shape.

So can i take a drivers seat and put it in place of the passengers?

Apart from the switches being on the wrong side and at times being difficult to get too i am not sure if the mounting underneath is the same.

Hi warren. The leather seats are totally different mate. They are far more like the 100 series seats.

Hmmm I will sit in some at lincomb and then make a decision if not sooner but need to find my closest 80 series family to pop around and visit. I plan to put seat covers on so color is not a problem just so long as the foam is in good condition.

Personally I don't like any of the seats apart from the leathers.
you may be lucky and find someone who what's a swap.

As far as I know the front 2 seats are not interchangeable with each other. If they were people would swap the leather ones round as the drivers one wears quickest and equalise the wear. I would know about it and so would Karl. The condition of second hand seats is totally dependant on who has been sitting on them. The condition of the drivers seat in my 100 is twice as good at 180K as the one I went to see with 90k as the 1st had a woman driver and the second had a 19 stone 6'5 guy driving it.
The point is that you would be better to re base any seat you intend to replace yours with as any seat thats really good will not come out of a good 80. I dont think you will get 80 seats as comfortable as a 100 anyway.
Good luck with your quest.

Andy

Thanks Andy

The seat (passengers) is not in bad condition at all but when compared to the drivers its very average. There is no way to adjust the sides so that they hug you a bit like on the drivers. There is no lumbar support button and the base does not tilt. It basically up and down and that is it.

I think when i remove the seats to remove the carpets i will explore the idea and see what can be done.

Im very happy with the drivers seat even if the base is a little soft but as you say i can always have that replaced if i need to.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back