Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DVD gurus please.

frank rabbets

Guru
Does the quality of the picture depend on the age of the player? I have a 30 year old player and am thinking of buying a new player to improve the picture quality.

Thanks.

In short, no unless there's something actually wrong with the old one or it needs cleaning. You can get cleaning discs which remove dust from the lens. Picture quality is dictated by the quality and resolution of the original recording.

Could be Frank they show just as good as you remember it just doesn't seem so because screen picture quality has come on a long way in 30 years . I bet even the Waltons repeats have been digitally enhanced in a vague attempt to keep up .

That said nobody ever solved why exactly 80 windows get slow , age take its toll on all things

It's possible a newer device will have better quality up sampling than what's in your tv, but also possible you won't see any improvement as Towpack said.

Mind you when a CD gets old and jumpy miraculously scratched though nobody ever touched it I rip it into windows media player then burn it onto a new disc and all is good . Don't know why nor care much how it works but it does .

Don't think i ever bought a DVD in my life but worth a try maybe ?

Same with faded unreadable documents , photocopy it then photocopy the copy again and again and your printer will fill in the blanks .

I lost all my SKY recordings when I had to change boxes. I bought David Bowie Glastobury 2000 on DVD. I don't think the quality is as good as the TV recording but that's another story.

I'll clean the old DVD player.

Thanks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back