Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrical/Starting Woes

Thank you nurse, you can close that up now, we've removed all the affected material.

I'm not messing around. Bit of sunshine this evening, out with the tools. That's one less bit of spaghetti to worry about. Mine was in perfect condition, but it's out. And that's that.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

I wonder if your has been replaced at some time as the wiring for mine is bound in with the main loom. The relay also had a transparent cover and it looks like your one is black.

Richard, have to say I had similar thoughts. It was not the same as the rest of the loom and was held in place with basic zip ties not the work of Honourable Miso San of Tokyo. It had the feeling of someone being in there before me. I think it may well have been the recall that has been mentioned. It was not a bodge but it's not factory fit. It was also disconnected at the manifold and most normal owners wouldn't touch anything like that. Oddly there was that same loose tab on mine that you can see in yours. Looks like an earth but not connected to anything.

The relay might be a handy thing if I can find out how many amps it'll handle.

Mine was in good condition as well but I didn't pay enough attention to the wiring to say if it was original or not. It may not be rated for continuous use Chris, power it up and see how warm the coil gets after it's been on for however long you'd use it for.

Jon, I figured there'd be a timer in here somewhere to control that. Rather fancied it might not be a constant load component. But as it's nice and sealed, something might pop up where I can use it to switch something.

Back