Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

evolution of my 40

The new roof supports are now ready for the trimmer.

20160607_133552.jpg
20160607_135432.jpg

20160607_135452.jpg

The tiger bar for the windscreen top is due to arrive this week and we'll continue to prepare the old girl for her ITV (Spanish MOT) swiftly followed by what appears to be according to Google maps, a 7,000 kms road trip.

Regards,

Our truck passed the ITV test and the tiger bar arrived. All good, except for the new roof, we had to decide whether the rear lights are going to stay mounted up on the roll bar which, of course, means little windows being inserted in the new roof. Because they are on the edge where the roof curves round the plastic is stressed and over the years has deteriorated so we decided to get new lights, but where they originals should be mounted the recovery points are welded to the chassis. After searching all the rear light manufacturers websites that we could find we decided on the Oz designed ones and now they are fitted. Also fitted the voltmeter.
20160701_165146.jpg

20160701_165202.jpg

20160701_181915.jpg

20160701_184952.jpg

Regards,

Looking good love the 40 I will build oneday.

Two days before our UK trip starts, so just the g&t box oil levels to check and the diff levels and a shake down run tomorrow because the hardtop is fitted for transportation to its new owner. Except I cut the rear doors years ago to make the tailgate so the top halves are a bit of a temporary fit, luckily the new owner is making a lift up hatch for the rear.
20160706_171116.jpg

20160706_171146.jpg

20160706_171215.jpg
20160706_171655.jpg

Probably best if I do a separate thread for our trip.

Regards,

It has been a while since I did an update…..

DSCF2296.JPG

DSCF2295.JPG

The rear leaf springs have always been a bit sad but the guys who raced it could not remember what they were from, certainly not 40 series, so after much searching we found a s/h set that were the same width but just that bit long. @Dave2000 suggested we combine the sets using the top two leaves of the old set and the lower leaves from the new(ish) set. With his help, our truck no longer suffers from a saggy bottom.

DSCF1231.JPG

We fitted a dropper and then a CB and an old satnav. We only use the satnav for L & L confirmation when we are off roading ever since the man inside told us to turn right immediately which happened to be a 300 foot drop! Obviously we didn’t follow his instruction.

IMG_20190124_114946.jpg

I got hold of an alternator with an internal VR, had it reconditioned by Robson & Francis and @Dave2000 remade all the wiring [this was posted in the overcharging thread ] but now we have no overcharging, headlights that are bright and faultless performance from the electrics. Many thanks to Dave, without whom this would not be possible because he understands electrickery. In the photo you’ll notice that the belt length makes the adjustment fully extended but it was the result of the wrong belt in the right packaging and the supplier subsequently replaced it with the correct size.

DSCF2280.JPG

We also replaced the front end suspension bushes and during one of the annual removals of the front body panels – to get all the sand, grit and salt out – Corinne painted the engine and we inserted a bead between the side panel and the wings – hopefully reducing a wear point.

DSCF2556.JPG

The new soft top was much better than the old one but last year we had a local upholsterer fit side zips, etc and now we have roll up sides.

DSCF3229c.jpg

Regards,

Rodger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A thing of beauty Rodger, as well as great fun.

Long may the Cruiser grin be with you :lol:

Back