Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exporting out of the UK - Questions!

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Long story short, I'm in the process of trying to get my cruiser over to the states. Things remain a bit uncertain at the moment so I haven't jumped the gun with a actual thread yet!

However, things are looking positive :dance: I just have a couple questions, which I'm hoping some of you nice people can help me out on.

When exporting out of the country (UK), what documents do I need? In fact does anyone know the legal paperwork procedure. I know on the V5 there's a section that possibly needs to be filled out for "Exporting out the country"? Anything else? I'll be researching more online but thought I'd ask here first? The cruiser will be going via RORO shipping. On that note, does anyone know a cheap but good quality shipping agent to deal with?

Thank you all in advance. :icon-biggrin:

Looking possibility of doing the same for my cruiser at some point but the United states has a 25 year import rule plus many factors concerning vehicles.
This is where I would start first [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking possibility of doing the same for my cruiser at some point but the United states has a 25 year import rule plus many factors concerning vehicles.
This is where I would start first [emoji6]

I think you may have misread my question slightly.... I just need some help with what paperwork I need on the UK side to get my vehicle out of the country so there are no hold ups.

A quick search online shows I fill in the V5 export section, send it in to DVLA and that's that sorted... Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes your right it's just to show the car is being sent abroad to dvla. I'm sure this is what I did too?
It's easy to also call them to get advice [emoji6]

Sounds reasonable..... Spent that bringing a smart car from UK to Cyprus some 5 years ago [emoji6]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back