Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FAO Chris

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi Chris ... i read in another thread a while ago that you have a DAB radio in your 80.

would you be so kind as to let me know what unit you have, and how you rate it please ...

Thanks mate
Carl

Carl, I do. I will have to get back to you on details I am afraid as I have to leave at 03.00 for a flight to Aberdeen, so packing, scoffing and heading for bed soon. But I got it from Halfords and it was £130. Bluetooth music, SD slot, USB socket and a 3.5mm jack. I only ever listen to Planet Rock so it's tuned to that. Sound and reception great. Comes with a little mag mounted twig. Outrageous in my view for £130. I'd have bought two if I could have found a use for the other.

It's a no name brand begins with S I think. I bet that's enough to narrow the search on Halfords anyway. I like it.

Chris

Carl,

I've got DAB in my 80 if you want to look at options. I fitted the JVC KRC 901 with DAB adaptor (KAB 1000 I think). I got it from DAB on wheels (www mail order)and they did a good job of being reasonable and quick. You'll need a new antenna as well.

Hope this is of help

Hi Dave,
yeah thats great thanks .. :thumbup: :thumbup:

am just looking into the different brands/options at the mo

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I didn't Chief, no. I don't get notifications on edited posts, only new replies. Well done. It is a decent set. Works seamlessly with the iphone. Oh and it uses the Bluetooth not only for music, but it gives you handsfree calls too. Better and better, eh?

Chris

Chris said:
I didn't Chief, no. I don't get notifications on edited posts, only new replies. Well done. It is a decent set. Works seamlessly with the iphone. Oh and it uses the Bluetooth not only for music, but it gives you handsfree calls too. Better and better, eh?

Chris

ahh thats the kind of review i like ...

cheers mate
C

Chris said:
Works seamlessly with the iphone. Chris
Chris, do you know if it works OK with other smart phones? Samsung? :pray:

Chas. I have an iphone. That's all I can tell you. Any more and I shall have to make it up fella.

I found that it didn't work with a stick of celery, a boiled sweet I found in the glove box and a small bowl of luke warm porridge. Other than that I haven't conducted any other experiments.

Chris

Chris said:
Chas. I have an iphone. That's all I can tell you. Any more and I shall have to make it up fella.
I found that it didn't work with a stick of celery, a boiled sweet I found in the glove box and a small bowl of luke warm porridge. Other than that I haven't conducted any other experiments.Chris
It's a bit irrelevant at the moment because my sooper dooper Samsung Galaxy S is not working either, it overheated twice and eventually stopped working altogether and bl**dy Vodafone refuse to repair it under warranty because it has a cracked screen, which I think was caused by the overheating, but they say "it has physical damage which is not covered" they want £100 to fix it :angry-screaming:

Just tried a dinner plate. That didn't work either - and that had a small crack in it. So maybe you're right, Chas. Not sure that the plate had Bluetooth either, so I need to narrow it down a bit.

As far as I know it'll work with any smartphoney.

Chris

Back