Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fault Code P1274

Ruth Brinkley

Country Flag
england
Hi Everyone,
I'm very much hoping someone can shed some light onto the above fault code my 2007 Land Cruiser keeps throwing up.

The rev counter goes a bit haywire & seems to struggle into top gear. All VSC lights come on + engine warning light.

If then left for a couple of says before being started again, warning lights aren't on until driven again & has done approx 20 miles.

Many thanks,

Ruth

Hi Everyone,
I'm very much hoping someone can shed some light onto the above fault code my 2007 Land Cruiser keeps throwing up.

The rev counter goes a bit haywire & seems to struggle into top gear. All VSC lights come on + engine warning light.

If then left for a couple of says before being started again, warning lights aren't on until driven again & has done approx 20 miles.

Many thanks,

Ruth
The first and cheapest thing to try is clean the MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner or non residue leaving contact cleaner , the MAF sensor is on the top of the air filter box and held on by two screws and has a electrical plug connected to it , unplug , press the centre tab on the connector to allow the connector to unplug then remove the two screws , is snug fitted with a o ring , make sure it is seated properly when screwing it back on and the MAF sensor is fully dry after cleaning before starting engine , do not touch the sensor tips (two of them) with your fingers the main one to clean is the small one set deep in the base when turned upside down to view . good look hope it fixes your problem ,

A rich shift means the ECU needs to provide more fuel than expected based on the air mass flow to keep the A/F ratio ideal based on the lambda sensor feedback. A leak in the intake system can cause this.

Back