Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fender flare removal

mills13b

I'm sure this has been covered but I was hoping for some pointers. When I bought my 80 series I was told that the first thing to tear up would be the flares. Sure enough, I tore one off wheeling the second time. I caught absolutely hell trying to find a replacement. Finally I just took the other three off. Now I intend to fill the holes left from the mounting studs and rhino line( or something similar to that product) where they use to be. I just don't want to pay someone to do it. Anyone got any experience or pointers they would like to offer?

By the way I am not a noob to wheeling, I just have more experience with Range Rover Classics. I owned 3 prior to jumping ship.

Take out the front sidelight. There is 1 screw then it clicks forward. To do this put a piece of wood on the trailing edge of the light and knok it forward. Then you can see most of the mounting points inside the wing with a torch. You might have to feel with your arm in there. Then remove the mud flap where underneath the flare is screwed on.

There is a mixture of nuts and poppers holding it on.

Frank

Back