Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally new suspension

SamW

Supporter
So today we had a nice little present turn after trying for ages to get hold of the guys in aus we ended up getting it from mp4x4 in Poland very impressed with them good service and fast delivery 2 sets 3" lift efs springs with xtr shocks Excited now ready to be fitted this weekend I will lost with the old and new ride heights

IMG_4550.JPG

Sam do you have the serial number of the rear springs?

So thats why they were out of springs for the 80 series when I asked last week :tongueclosed:
Be sure to post some pic's when they are fitted !

Not to hand chris I will have a look later.
Haha that is most likely why they was very good

I'd finish tiling your bathroom though before fitting em..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris, the rears we got are tlc-113hhde, 2" lift and will add 30mm spacers (450-500kg) as the 3" lift ones are not heavy enough.

Hope it's a dry weekend, also got a travel buddy 12v marine oven hand delivered from oz this week!

Andy

Mine are the tlc-113hdse. They are a 4" lift I think and plus 600kg from memory. I was asking simply because I might need some more eventually. I have a feeling that towing the trailer as well as everything else might have damaged them slightly. The nose weight on the trailer is ridiculous. I'm a big lad and I can't lift the jockey wheel off the ground. All that off road bouncing could have done them some harm. Now I never hit the bump stops, but it just looked a bit down in the arse end - more than when we left. Without the trailer on, it's as good as it ever was. Rides lovely. But in case it is stuffed, I'm interested in where you got yours from in case I need to replace them.

What about some air bags for when u have the trailer on Chris, mine have been excellent when heavily laden

My Pedders hd sagged at the ass end when very new after a week away carrying what i felt was an unremarkable weight . I can offer no logic to it but on returning home i left the truck jacked up for a week and they recovered the height and have been fine ever since ?

Andy I just really don't like the idea of airbags
I'd rather fix the trailer to balance it better

Have you tried measuring the nose weight of the trailer. You can do it using a piece of 4x2 under the hitch on to a wooden block on bathroom scales. If you cut the piece of 4x2 to the same length as the hitch height, it will replicate the nose weight quite well. You can use the jockey wheel to gently lower the hitch on to the scales.

I don't know what the nose weight limit is on a Land Cruiser but the hitches are often a struggle to lift when they are at their maximum.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Thanks Guy, I am familiar with how to get a nose weight but you have met me. I can bench press a donkey.

But I can't even get the nose wheel off the ground on this trailer. The draw bar is very long so the pivot point is a long way back. Ordinarily this creates good leverage, but with the batteries and nose cone inside that triangle it has the opposite effect. I don't need really to know what the weight is to know it's huge. It also points down slightly - even more now that it used to which has a multiplying effect in terms of weight transfer.

I don't think our scales would survive the trailer being put on them. I must to move the batteries over the axle which effectively will neutralise their effect. (In simple terms) There's a fridge / freezer, two massive gel batteries, a generator, fuel, gas, tools, awnings, floor savers not to mention the draw bar and NATO ring all inside the pivot. The trailer actually snapped in Turkey with its previous owner and had to be repaired. The design makes it tow beautifully but really the axle needs to be further forward. Which I can't do.

That said I love it to bits. Just needs a mod.

I guessed you'd know how to do it but just in case others are wondering.

My trailer is well balanced which makes the need to add a water tank a pita , i have considered using using drain pipes fixed to the axle itself though i've yet to make any practical investigation of how it might work .

Back