Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ60 engine bay pics

Azzie

Hey everyone, I'm a new member and have an '83 FJ60. There was some "amateur" work done on the engine prior to my purchase. There are now a couple issues I believe stem from said work, fluctuating idle, high idle (1800rpm) and easily overheating, among others.
I’m trying to get all the vacuum hoses sorted and am having trouble following the schematics.
What I’m looking for is several high quality pics of the engine bay so I can see where all the hoses go. Seems like it would be much easier to follow that. Plus all the pics seems like a great resource for newbs to see where everything belongs.
Thanks everyone.

I dont have any pics but you need to state what country you are in .Its probably a 2F engine but the american models are covered in vac hoses and are completely different to all other FJ60.
The american 60s also had different carburettors and this also affects the vac plumbing.
If its american ,I would go straight to the 60 forum on IH8MUD

I'll second that Azzie, I've looked on my FJ60 and there is hardly a vac pipe on it. As you are in the US yours probably has the ' clean air' system which is vastly different to my most basic system.

Andy :thumbup:

Back