Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flashing AirCon light (button)

Sam

Garage
I think the LC is trying to tell me something...

Coming home tonight I pushed the "Auto" button so the LC could decide when the engine was warm enough to turn the heater fan on and defrost me... man it was cold.

After a minute or two the little green light in the A/C button started to flash. A definite steady flash.

Turned A/c off and back on and it did it again (after a few seconds of a solid light).

Turned off and back on and this time it stayed solid like normal. Odd.

Any ideas? No dash warnings - just the button light...

All good now and everything got hot as desired... just cant find any info on what I was being told.

It's bust! Either no gas, or, more likely, the magnetic clutch is stuffed - ask me - I know!!

I think Tony had that when his engine was overheating. When the temp was in / near the red, the aircon refused to come on.

Hmmm... could be a worry. I'll see if it works in the morning (and doesn't flash).

Definitely wasn't overheating... engine had only been running a few minutes and it was c.c.cold all day.

Sounds like a Mr. T trip though just in case.

See if the clutch is engaging when you put the aircon on as a quick check, and check the sight glass for fluid too while you're at it

Cheers

Crispin said:
I think Tony had that when his engine was overheating. When the temp was in / near the red, the aircon refused to come on.

Well I do remember that the aircon stopped working when the 120 overheated, but can't remember if the led was flashing on the aircon button.... sorry :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great Trevor - I'll do that too, coz mine's on the fritz (again!!). Be funny if it's not the magnetic clutch ha ha!

Well so far this morning.... no flashing button and aircon working just fine. Hmph!

LC clearly knows something I don't - like it's going to go on the blink somewhere over the mountains in either snow or the silly hot!

Difficult to diagnose/fix when it's working again though!!! I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the tips chaps... soon as I see another flash I'll try them all.

The on-board computers usually record the errors even if it hasn't recurred. A scan with a Toyota code reader might reveal what was wrong even though it seems to be working now.

Back