Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flat Battery / Immobilizer

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
Guys,
My truck has been parked for a couple of weeks now, yesterday I got an email from the tracker saying it had lost power. Upon checking the starter battery is flat (not the tracker battery), so flat in fact the remote for the door locks would not work.
I remember reading about problems with the immobilizer not allowing the engine to start after the battery has been charged in cases like this, but even using the search button I still cannot find the tread I’m thinking of.

Can anybody tell me,
A/ If the immobilizer will need to be reset after recharging the battery?
B/ If required, how to reset the immobilizer?

I also remember there are 2 types of alarm / immobilizer, my truck is a 1997 HDJ80 so I’m guessing it’s the later model.

From the age of your truck I'm guessing the key and fob you have are like mine:

Key.jpg

If that's the case the alarm will be the TVSS 3B and is completely seperate to the OE immobiliser which works via the transponder in the key. Keys can be wiped/re-programmed and new ones added to the ECU with some procedure I can't remember.

I've had flat batteries in the past and even had both batts disconnected and had no problems with either the alarm of immobiliser.

Towpack said:
From the age of your truck I'm guessing the key and fob you have are like mine:

Key.jpg

If that's the case the alarm will be the TVSS 3B and is completely seperate to the OE immobiliser which works via the transponder in the key. Keys can be wiped/re-programmed and new ones added to the ECU with some procedure I can't remember.

I've had flat batteries in the past and even had both batts disconnected and had no problems with either the alarm of immobiliser.

Thanks for the replys, yes my key fob is the same as yours. The main reason I’m panicking, is the truck is booked in for MOT this weekend.
Its good to know the door locks and alarm work off the fob and the immobilizer form a chip in the key, if I understand you correctly.
Thanks for the info, the battery is on charge now.

frank rabbets said:
Describe your fob. I have a manual for some.

Frank

Frank,
If you have manual for the alarm (the fob is the same as above), any chance you could either PM or email me a copy?

Truck started with now issues once the battery was charged.
Thanks for the PM’s guys :thumbup: .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad to hear its all worked out ok.

Charlie said:
...got an email from the tracker saying it had lost power...

Been thinking of adding a tracker, but can't decide if its worth it or not...
So if you don't mind me asking:
What tracker have you fitted?
Does it provide much of an insurance saving, or just extra piece of mind?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin_Elliott said:
Glad to hear its all worked out ok.

Charlie said:
...got an email from the tracker saying it had lost power...

Been thinking of adding a tracker, but can't decide if its worth it or not...
So if you don't mind me asking:
What tracker have you fitted?
Does it provide much of an insurance saving, or just extra piece of mind?

Thanks,

Justin

The tracker came from a company called Carrotech Ltd, I had it fitted for piece of mind mainly.

I want to remove both batteries to carry out some exploratory surgery.
Is there a time limit on how long things can be left disconnected?
Does the alarm or immobiliser have an internal power source to save specific settings (do they even need one)?

What's the correct procedure to disconnect a 24v start system?

IQ

Back