Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flippac roof conversion

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys,

Just got back after 2 weeks in California. Managed to take 3 days over the last weekend and drive some trails with some friends and one of them has a a flippac roof tent. Its pretty amazing, highly recommend looking it up online.

Is there anything like this available locally?

This guy has put in a slider base on the roof rack so no need to cut the roof up.

Regards

Forgive me for being blunt, but naming this a "roof conversion" is to me abit "far out".... :)
The fliptop on the pickup canopy is however interesting provided it withstands the elements well enough.
Lets see then when the Australians or SouthAfricans jump onboard

Forgive me for being blunt, but naming this a "roof conversion" is to me abit "far out".... :)
The fliptop on the pickup canopy is however interesting provided it withstands the elements well enough.
Lets see then when the Australians or SouthAfricans jump onboard

In this case on the video it was indeed on a pickup, but the one in our convoy last month was a 100 series LC, with the tent opening out back instead of into the cab.

Interesting and simple really. I like the idea of opening it over the rear to give a canopy but how was it accessed? Did you mean it slid back to clear the opening from underneath at the back?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting and simple really. I like the idea of opening it over the rear to give a canopy but how was it accessed? Did you mean it slid back to clear the opening from underneath at the back?

Yeah thats it. He has a slider so the whole thing goes back and he can flip it open. Essentially this is just a very large rtt.

Dont know the chap, but will try and see if I can get details and pics.

Back