Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Floods

Adrian North

I hate being under a flood alert! The waiting is killing me but I really hope any members down in the South West are OK!

Adrian

PS: I know this is a fairly random post but I'm a fairly random person :icon-biggrin:

Having just seen a photo the meadow at Pangbourne, the Thames looks like it's coming your way... unless you're in Purley in which case you're under already!

its raining here like a cow pi55ing on a flat rock - snow forecast for tomorrow

Having just seen a photo the meadow at Pangbourne, the Thames looks like it's coming your way... unless you're in Purley in which case you're under already!

Yep we are in Purley and it is coming our way - the field behind us is flooded and rising :( We have just received the Flood Warning from the EA so have been out to get essential supplies like errr Tinned Ravioli - lots of tinned ravioli :) Hope it doesn't rise too much more or else our chicken is going to be most displeased

Is the ravioli as good as sand bags for flood deflection? :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep we are in Purley and it is coming our way - the field behind us is flooded and rising :( We have just received the Flood Warning from the EA so have been out to get essential supplies like errr Tinned Ravioli - lots of tinned ravioli :) Hope it doesn't rise too much more or else our chicken is going to be most displeased

I know the people who farm at the bottom in Purley... I used to work over looking Pangbourne Meadow, so you can probably guess where I used to work!

ahhhh the Dolphin then - and you know our local councilor then - Tim :D

Yep its his field that has flooded behind us - makes walking the dog a bitch

Thinking of moving somewhere that doesn't flood - like the Namib :)

Yep that'll be the ones... The guys I know there were saying they got excited when the fire brigade came bearing gifts of dry suits... then they realised it was for their part in the evacuation of Pangbourne when it flooded, as they form part of the council contingency plans having changed departments!

I can remember Tim complaining when the Thames met the swimming pool at the farm one year!

At least the council now has contingency plans - the first flood we lived through (no property flooding thankfully but 3 foot deep in the road) the relevant council employee buggered off for the weekend and took the necessary keys with him :(

At the moment Tim has a VERY big swimming pool and I think some of his cows are going to be up to Olympic standard :)

Back