Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FOR SALE 1995 80 series 4.2 Landcruiser

warrenpfo

Yes I know I only bought it last month but the South African Rand has depreciated to the point where shipping an 80 out just does not make any sense.

I only want to get my money back so not looking to flip it to an unsuspecting person.

It has 11 months tax and MOT (which it sailed through with only the handbrake as an advisory)

Since purchase I have changed the front and rear diff oil, transfer box oil, engine oil, transmission oil along with OEM fuel, air and oil filters.

I have stripped the interior out and cleaned and sound proofed the whole car apart from the doors.

Replaced all the steering ends and rebuilt the steering pump as it had a leak.

Oil pressure sending unit has been changed for a new OEM one, rebuilds both prop shafts.

She is a JAP import and was brought into the country in 1998. She has central diff lock and a Limited slip diff on the rear which both work great.

The tyres are new with about 3000k on them.

Oh and a new windscreen and OEM rubber

She is an hones car with the usual 80 series faults which i am slowly working my way through like slow/sticking windows, a steering wheel that has seen better days but still works great etc.

Overall a good honest car that if circumstances permitted I would keep but it just does not make financial sense.

I will get some photos up when we next have a nice day and as said do not want to make any money but just get back wheat I have out in.

£5000 is the asking price

Last edited:
This 80 is very tidy and i think warren will not mind me saying its 99.9% rust free one of the best shells i have seen to be fair to it. drives very nice as well. I think you should work out the miles on it as i dont belive its 200k.
good luck with the sale
stu

Thanks Stu you right in thinking it's closer to 160 or there about but just wanted to be open as I don't actually know.

You right in thinking the shell is in good condition.

Sad to see it go as I had great plans but it just does not make financial sense.

Give it another year, and 30 to 1

Gra

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My cousin is possibly interested; he's in Winchester, so not a million miles away. I'll send him the original thread when you first got it, and go from there.

I have added the Mileage which is just under 160 000 miles and will post some pictures as soon as we get some good weather.

My cousin's going to pass on it, good luck with selling it; I doubt it'll hang around!

N sorry I should of updated its going back to Soith Africa with me as its too nice an 80 to part with

Sounds like the right decision TBH. it's not always just about the money. [emoji4]

Hi Warren

Who you shipping with? I'm considering shipping one of mine to SA

I will probably use Saltrans logistics they have quoted me £795 roro to durban but I still need to apoint a clearing agent and pay them and what ever there fee is DNS the taxes and duty.

Back