Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freezer for my tent

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi guys.

Any thoughts on this one

When we go away in the tent for a weekend we like to cook a couple of meals at home before we go and freeze them to save cooking a full meal whilst away (Spag bol, Chicken curry, that sort of thing). we have had a cheap 12v coolbox/fridge/warm box thing for about 5 years and it performs excellently (similar to this one). We leave firday nights tea out of it and Saturdays has just about defrosted by the time we are ready to cook it. In about 20 degrees it will keep bread pretty much frozen for the weekend.

Now I have convinced SWMBO to try camping for a week so I am looking for something to do no more that to keep our meals frozen for longer. I really want to have 5 meals prepared for a 7 night trip and have the last one still frozen on the second to last night. TBH it will be run on mains for the most part (Weather this is through an external transformer or built in I am not bothered.)

Don't really want to pay the earth as Amanda isn't to keen on the idea of a weeks holiday in the tent at the moment

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

i have one of these for a few years.

pretty robust things.

Tabletop freezer
£35 and no bids yet.

When in the Land Cruiser, it runs happy off the inverter, on site, well, just plug it in.

Gra.

Attachments

• TTF.JPG
    TTF.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 113
What a fantastic idea Gra...now why didn't I think of that????

Back