Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freight forwarder recommendations for Heathrow and SA

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I'm looking at getting an item or two from South Africa but the quotes I'll be getting are only airport to airport so I need a partner to clear customs/pay VAT and deliver. Does anyone have recommendations as the two I approached wouldn't deal with individuals. I know they will charge an arm and a leg but I'm hoping for it to be a short arm and short leg.

I'd be interested in South African forwarders too as they may have local partners here. Thanks for any contacts or experience.

It's a long time since I was needing such services and I'm out of touch I'm afraid. One firm you could try is Rock it Cargo, (a friend of mine, now sadly passed on, helped set them up) their Heathrow number is 0208 8977977. They've got offices all over the place now including South Africa. Not too sure on pricing though, it probably won't be cheap......I wouldn't organise any clothing alterations just yet.:astonished:

I have delta with springbok imports of a name similar for getting quotes to ship stuff to SA. We were going to move there last year. Theyou were very helpful

Thanks both. Given there are 100s of freight forwarders around Heathrow you'd hope this process would be easier but they don't like dealing with individuals. Are these the ones Stu?

Yeah that's the ones. I have never followed the process in full but from how they delt with my stuff they seem ok

Back