Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

French fuel strike update?

wobbly

Garage
is the fuel strike over?

trip is next week, windering if I need to take extra :)

I think situation is better, I am crossing over to France on Sunday and intending to fill my long ranger tank in France rather than UK because it's cheaper there.
nothing in news about it and friend in Pau said no issues
and there is a website that shows shortages and it doesn't look bad

http://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

Where are you heading ? We are off to Spain to hit some trails

We're off to the Alps 8th July, David is over there for a couple of weeks in his troopy end of next week too...

One of our lot has spoke to a friend in Paris today and he said the fuel issues and strikes are all over now.

Good to get more confirmation that fuel ok

never a problem down here - but the prices went up from 1.02€ to 1.20€! rip off! Still, no queue's here :) - the problem at the moment is the bloody rain! floods and all sorts - however, next week the sun comes out.........for a bit at least - if anyone passes close by here, let us know and we can have the pizza oven going :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shame about the price hike Steve on fuel
we won't have time to stop over, aiming to visit a friend in Pau on Monday night
hope the weather gets better as you say

No problem in the alps. There was a couple of days of panic buying but there was always fuel...

Hi Andy

Am heading to Vercors and then Italian Forts on Sun 26th for 10 days.

Question - you fitted your spare back under the truck? I have, but that chain looks a bit puny!

Pete

Hi Andy

Question - you fitted your spare back under the truck? I have, but that chain looks a bit puny!

Pete

Yes it lives under there, and had no issues. I grease the chain twice a year when I swap wheels over for winter wheels vs my BFG at wheels. It survived the corrugations in Iceland OK. My old 4Runner had same system and wheel never fell off

120 lc the same - never heard of any issues for them or hilux

enjoy the trip

I drove down to the south of France and back, right in the height of all the strikes. We had no problem getting fuel at all. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Andy

Pete
hello, might see you there!! we're on a guided tour begining Aug

No issues getting gasoil today at a Carrefour about 30km south of Calais this afternoon

apart from mpg dropping a bit, will try the more expensive stuff next time

Back