Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

From KZJ70 to FJ

Gr8Yota

Country Flag
scotland
Thought I'd say hello (or maybe it's hello again as I think I was a member in the past). I owned a UK spec KZJ70 for 13 yrs which evolved into an everyday overlander before I parted with it in 2009 (If anyone knows where it is now I'd love to know J70 MUD)

I had a 4x4 free few years (well sort off, had a Subaru or two) before importing a new FJ Cruiser from the USA in 2014 which is now once again evolving.

Apologies to those who don't consider the FJ part of the Cruiser family, I hope all the years of owning the 70 will enable me to offer some insights.
P3070059.JPG
IMG_5961.jpg

Cool you must have known what you wanted to go to the trouble of importing it , have you driven one before ?

No I hadn't so took a gamble but it was worth it. Started off wishing I'd never sold the KZ, but soon fell in love with a 4.0V6 !

That took some nerve i'm glad it worked out for you :thumbup:

Welcome back. :thumbup:

Nice KZJ and FJ! :drool:

Can I ask why you decided to import a left hand drive FJ from the US rather than a right hand drive from OZ? :think:

Welcome back. :thumbup:

Nice KZJ and FJ! :drool:

Can I ask why you decided to import a left hand drive FJ from the US rather than a right hand drive from OZ? :think:

thank you.

I looked into importing from USA, RSA and AUS. There are some slight model differences, mainly on emissions controls and the RSA and Oz trucks get second fuel tanks but the price difference was such that USA made more sense. I could also have bought from the Middle East but again the prices are higher. With hindsight I might have gone with a UAE spec car for the simpler emissions and other bits that that info wasn't evident when I searched. Several people told me it was easier to IVA a LHD and I prefer it anyhow which was another reason for not going RSA or AUS.

Reactions: Ben
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
FJs are fine if you like the format, very capable especially if you also do a lot of asphalt.

The Middle East is full of them, and they go everywhere, as cruisers should !

Welcome back, BTW :thumbup:

.....before importing a new FJ Cruiser from the USA in 2014 which is now once again evolving.....

Here's a nice little FJ I saw in the States last year. Very popular over there. I quite like them.

DSC_1251 copy.jpg DSC_1252 copy.jpg DSC_1248 copy.jpg

Nice! :icon-biggrin:

Its basically just a 120 series Prado chassis and running gear with a different body. :ugeek:

I like the rear suicide style doors and how with both the front and rear doors open the whole side of the car is open because the B pillar is attached to the doors. :icon-cool:

Nice! :icon-biggrin:

Its basically just a 120 series Prado chassis and running gear with a different body. :ugeek:

I like the rear suicide style doors and how with both the front and rear doors open the whole side of the car is open because the B pillar is attached to the doors. :icon-cool:

Yes it is but mine is on the 150 Series being a later model.

Back