Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front bumper

ram

Hi all i've been involved in a little accident last week and am looking for one of those bumpers with roo bars or an a bar.
Wasn't going to make a claim because tell you the truth i had all ready agreed to pay for the other cars minor damage out of me pocket and thus not affecting the ncb but the claim has already been made and the car was written of and sold back to the owner.
So i thought i might get mine repaired as well since my premium's gone go up next time around anyway.
So where would get 1 of this bumpers.
thanks in advance

p.s it's an 96 80 gs

Last edited:
Hi all i've been involved in a little accident last week, but the claim has already been made and the car was written of and sold back to the owner.
thanks in advance

p.s it's an 96 80 gs
Sorry to hear that Ram. If the accident was only last week that sounds quick if it's already been written off and sold back to the owner. Knowing the speed of insurance companies it usually takes longer than that, have you got evidence that this has happened or is it just what the owner has told you. :think:

Last edited:
:oops: Thanks Ben and Julien i'll have a look at those links

Chas it was the insurance co. who told me,efforts to get in touch with the car owner has failed,because the damage was only a n/s rear light,i was willing to pay for it but alas i've found it a claims co which was dealing with their claim and they've had the car written off catc and bought it back.
Even the insurance bloke said it sonded like a scam when i told him the bloked slammed the brakes on when we were pulling away from the traffic lights and road was completly clear in front of him,when i got out and spoke to the driver the response was "sorry me not good english talk to my friend on the phone" so explained to his friend on the phone that i'll pay for the light and gave them my mob. to tell me the cost
I've tried to get in touch with the people to no avail, It just makes you so mad,it's a scammers world out there

Chas it was the insurance co. who told me,efforts to get in touch with the car owner has failed,because the damage was only a n/s rear light,i was willing to pay for it but alas i've found it a claims co which was dealing with their claim and they've had the car written off catc and bought it back.
Even the insurance bloke said it sonded like a scam when i told him the bloked slammed the brakes on when we were pulling away from the traffic lights and road was completly clear in front of him,when i got out and spoke to the driver the response was "sorry me not good english talk to my friend on the phone" so explained to his friend on the phone that i'll pay for the light and gave them my mob. to tell me the cost
I've tried to get in touch with the people to no avail, It just makes you so mad,it's a scammers world out there

:cry: Yeah, it definitely sounds like a scam, if ever this happens to you again use your mobile and take a picture of the damage and pass it on to yours and their insurance company.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to hear about this Ram, really sucks, but not a lot you can do about it. Just make sure your LC get's fixed to a good standard, and if you can go down the Crispin route to get a ARB type bumper.

Hi chas i did take the photos of the damage and the driver who i don't think was insured to drive this car and i did tell the insurance co i could forward this to them

They thought it was't worth as it could take a long time and would cost them more money so it's best to pay up and move on.

julien i can't see any bumpers advertised on the link you've given.

Thanks tony it's really a shame, i've never put in a claim apart from when my house got burgled about 10 years ago.

Ram they don't advertise them, I usually speak with Justin I think his name is, I have found them very helpful.

Depending on the police force area, this is currently a fairly hot issue (organised crime issue) & maybe should be reported. Your insurer is taking the easy option for them & will probably hammer you on your renewal. Even if you go elsewhere, your NCB will be trashed. IMHO it's one which you may want to consider pushing your insurer hard to fight as the long term cost may be high.

They thought it was't worth as it could take a long time and would cost them more money so it's best to pay up and move on.
Ram, this really does sound dodgy, and the insurance company should not be taking this approach. If you suspect it was a staged accident, and that the other party are behaving faudulently, you should report it to the insurance company and police as such.

If it was me I'd be tempted to refuse liability for the accident if I thought it was staged, and try and get the attention turned on the other party. Especailly if as you suspect the person driving wasn't insured to be, your drivers picture could come in very handy for the police. If your led down the path of least resistance by your insurance company, you may find that the other party claim for the written off car plus five cases of severe whip lash. First thing you'd know about it is when the insurance company tell you that the final payout came to £15K, and you get knocked by high premiums for years to come.

If you suspect fraud, fight it. It's hassle, but these peolpe shouldn't allowed to get away with.

Out of interest which insurance company is?

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Hi chas i did take the photos of the damage and the driver who i don't think was insured to drive this car and i did tell the insurance co i could forward this to them

julien i can't see any bumpers advertised on the link you've given.

Thanks tony it's really a shame, i've never put in a claim apart from when my house got burgled about 10 years ago.

Costs them more money? so bu**ger the poor bloke who has to pay a higher premiun next year :angry-screaming:, get onto your company and tell them 'If you want my custom next year get your bloody finger out and do something' and if they don't, vote with your feet and go elsewhere. I mean, what's our premiums supposed to pay for if not like situations like this.
:angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: Ooh! this makes me so angry!!!!

Ram, sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I hope you don't mind if i ask a question regarding front bumper here... :)

I am looking for this model of front bumper:
6bd1_1.JPG

Does anyone have an idea where i can buy this? I've seen a couple of RHD 80 Series with this particular model/ desing and i like it for my new 80... ;-)

I thought things were changing here with regard to the past presumption that the fault is always with the person behind for exactly synario's (sp?) like this! I would push the insurance company on this - odd things is though that the guy is wanting to go through the insurance company if it is a scam, you would think he would rather have gone for the offered cash in hand?

Regards
Mark

odd things is though that the guy is wanting to go through the insurance company if it is a scam, you would think he would rather have gone for the offered cash in hand?

Regards
Mark
They probably substituted a different (previously wrecked) car for the claim. :think:

Back