Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front diff pinion oil seal

Langy

well its been to Toyota for a new oil seal, they've road tested and said its dry :whistle:, thank the Lord :lol:

On what vehicle pray tell?

C

Its an hdj80 Chris 12v auto, think I've put one photo on so far of us in Morocco? !

And you sent it to Toyota to have this changed?

Methinks you need to have some practice on the spanners. This is not a main dealer job. This job is less than two cups of tea. No biscuits required.

Chris

mmm , you say that but we (me/Andy Lomas) changed it for a genuine one a couple of month back and it still wept, added to the fact that one got replaced in Morocco and that wept too so although it was a relatively straight forward job i thought something was a miss with the drive flange /front prop etc and i wanted them to put it on the rollers and see why /what was happening ??? you see

Glad to hear its sorted. A blocked axle breather can also cause even a new seal to fail and let oil past, was the breather checked at either of the two earlier attempts? As you say, there could also have been a problem with the land on the pinion flange where the seal runs, causing premature failure. Did Mr T replace the pinion flange as well this time?

Anyway, I hope it's sorted longterm this time and seeing as you have two very experienced 80 series guys local to you, I'm sure you'll be we'll advised on the joys and easiest path of Land Cruiser ownership!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yep we checked the breathers before and were ok , Mr T said everything else was ok although the existing oil seal was set in further than it should have been ?, the total cost of everything just £54 inc the seal and fitting (have toyota dropped their hourly rate ?)

Back