Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Geko Arctic Tour

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania

A couple of years old, but this has only just popped up on my utoob searches....

Worth a watch. The video scenes are stunning and the music soundtrack is interesting too.

Good combo of troopy, hilux, troll and even a defender... :lol:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 13.33.46.jpg
We've been. That's where we got the idea. Then did it ourselves.

Last edited:
View attachment 159872 We've been. That's where we got the idea. Then did it ourselves.

We spoke with Geko, and were wanting ( initially) to go with them.
As it happened we couldn’t.
So we planned , organised ,& did the whole lot ourselves, and survived!!!
went to some very remote areas that they didn’t.
We actually crossed paths with their tour a couple of times as the routes in this area are quite limited and we were there at a similar time to them.
It was a fantastic trip, the scenery was stunning, weather good, off road driving incredible, and the feeling of satisfaction in doing the whole lot ourselves with no ‘professional’ assistance, immense.

Highly recommend the area, but not for the faint hearted, and only for fully prepped, tough trucks

Oh and we saved a fortune too!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We've so many it's hard to know which to post really.
View attachment 159874 View attachment 159875

View attachment 159873

Post them all Chris, you know we like.... well you know the rest :lol:

I confess that I’ve already got a bundle of pics from that trip in a folder that I cribbed from your thread.

I thought the vid might be the “official” version of the trip you did, but I wasn’t sure.

It was a brave effort though. I’m not sure I’d be up to that degree of offroad skills, day upon day, but I suppose with some moral and technical support I’d probably hold up.

It would undoubtedly be a trip of a lifetime.

Bravo guys :clap::clap::clap:

Yes that's their promo thread. It disappeared for a while. I think that Nick was worried about people copying his route after we'd bumped into him 3 times. There's not that many roads so it's inevitable if you are there at the same time in different groups. We did some places that he didn't but then we stayed longer in Russia as well as Finland and Norway. The Rabatchi Peninsula was less punishing but much longer and therefore pretty gruelling. The Khibiny mountains were super rough but not as long. All round, a potential car-breaker. But we sustained really only light damage.

For those of you who have a taste for this adventure, I've just found a video of two bikers doing the exact route that we did in reverse. I even recognise the 'puddle' where I got to shoot an AK47. Brought a tear to my eye it did.

If you check this one out, at around 4 mins you'll see what conditions were like for any that actually doubt how tough it was. We must have literally followed in their tracks. We even used some of the same camping spots

Back