Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Genuine wiper seals from Milner

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Dropped into Milner today to top up my spares box. OK we all know that some of the Milner bits are good and some not so good. Let's face it, I've had occasion to be very cross with them in the past. But, whilst I was chatting, I asked about wiper seal kits and where were they from. To my surprise, they have genuine Mr T parts on stock.

Look

P1000676.jpg

I asked if they always had these or were they a one off. I was told that they had some new overseas suppliers and were trying to get more genuine parts into the catalogue. Here's the good news, they are £14. Dunno what main agent charges, it surely can't be that horrific so maybe this is not a mega saving, but they're in stock, local and genuine for £14 per side inc vat - well, I just had to. They do have a full kit with 2 genuine wiper kits, inner axle oil seals, rear hub seals for £40 the lot. But only the wipers are OEM. Still, as a 'get you going' set, that's pretty good.

Along with some swivel bearings and outer wheel bearings it was a good visit. These were all KOYO which I have had before.

P1000677.jpg

Chris

For interest's sake, how much were the various bearings, Chris? The Toy OEM ones are often Koyo.

I believe that the wheel bearings are indeed these very same Hi Cap LM102949's. The Swivels were £6 each and the outer wheel bearings were £9 IIRC. They do a wheel bearing kit I believe for £60 which does both sides and included a shed load of stuff. It's all on the website. They do have stuff occasionally which isn't. I always ask for bit when in there even if they aren't advertised. You never know and some parts are common say for a Hilux for eg which never make it into every vehicle category. They do know their parts on the sales desk.

Chris

Just ordered a couple of sets of the wiper seals, cheers Chris :thumbup:

I also ordered the genuine stub axles you checked out for me a few weeks ago.

Top job. I did wonder about making the conversion at some point. Maybe you could stick some pics on this thread when you get them and do a test fit etc. If the needle roller bit will simply replace the solid bush, it might be a worth while upgrade. Milner sell the shortened bush cap, but not the needle rollers.

Pulled the bearings from the swivels and rear axle and they were all Koyo Hi Cap with the same part number. Good enough for me. Not sure I could really tell a top quality bearing from a not top quality bearing if I am honest. Does wrapping them in silk really mean they are better?

Chris

I've already got the stubs, I ordered them at the time of the original post, I couldn't remember if I'd mentioned it though. :?

I can take some pics tonight of the stubs if you like, I'm not ready to tear down yet though, still collecting parts.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I visited my local bearing stockist for the swivel bearings and they explained they had a range of bearings of the same size but best ones were a lot more money. So I bought best ones.

Frank

Back