Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Great way to loosen stuck nuts and bolts

Errrrrm, I think the genuine article uses Electro-magnetic Induction to heat the bolt/nut, it doesn't get hot itself.

In the video you see smoke from the rusty nut & shaft, not from the element.

It would probably stop your Pacemaker :whistle:.

Bob.

It's effectively a mini induction furnace. Just without the refractory pot to hold the metal in. It doesn't heat the metal from the outside; it excites the electrons (atoms) within the metal so that they vibrate and self heat.

Sort of thing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I see ..... so its like a blow torch .... but not as good :confusion-shrug:

Thanks for taking the time to explain though makes me want to pull the video recorder out of the attic to see if it really can be set to record stuff thats on tv when your home :think:

Can't wait to see you getting those bolts of that rust old petrol tank Shayne.

2 miles away should be safe enough I'd think.

BTW video recorders only work when you're out. It's well known that a watched VCR never records. I used to record stuff so I could play it when I wasn't in.

Can't wait to see you getting those bolts of that rust old petrol tank Shayne.

2 miles away should be safe enough I'd think.

BTW video recorders only work when you're out. It's well known that a watched VCR never records. I used to record stuff so I could play it when I wasn't in.

:laughing-rolling:

:techie-idea: so if i plug it in near an open window and get a long stick .......

:lol:

:techie-idea: so if i plug it in near an open window and get a long stick .......

:lol:
Stick it on with a g clamp, then use a plug in timer switch, plug it in and go to the pub, if no explosion after timer activates, return and undo!

Back