Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings To All

Julian T

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
Hello all, I am Julian (as well)
My cruiser Thirsty is a sprightly 15 year old 80, (1996 GS)
She has OME springs, a TJM T15 winch bumper with front end protection and one of David Bower's winches, Stainless steel exhaust,
Allisport intercooler conversion and Radiator, DBA front discs, Hannibal roof rack and Hannibal roof tent.
Still to come is probably a ARB rear bumper with spare carriers and a long range tank where the spare currently resides, on board air
supply courtesy of a engine driven compressor and then we will see. She is my daily driver so cant put too much kit on......
My 4x4 experience is mostly South African beach and Low veldt off road, some Botswana and Karoo off roading and lot's of bad African roads.
I am sure I have missed quite a bit out but it's unlikely to be important.
;)

Welcome. How do you find the Alisport intercooler? I have rung them and mailed them twice and simply cannot get a response. Either they have ceased trading or are so wealthy that they don't need my money.

If it's worth doing, I shall persevere.

Chris

I like it, probably one of the best upgrades I have done to date, chalk and cheese and should I have to replace Thirsty the next cruiser would get one too, its been more that a year now and if driven politely will return very good mpg, but the temptation to use that extra must be overcome, I have had no problems with the conversion and would highly recommend having it done. Andrew tends to be very busy and probably the best time to try him on the phone is early in the day. The best option is probably to Email him though.

Hi Julian, and welcome to the club.

I believe I've met, and chatted with you at a couple of the LR shows, didn't you have your 80 on the Alisport stand at Peterborough? Its all nice and shiny at the front of your engine bay!

Hope you enjoy it on here.

Hi Scott, thanks and I believe we have met, more than once, and yes she was on the allisport stand at Peterborough :)

Hi and welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a nice looking truck there so don't keep it all to yourself. Where are the piccies? ;) :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, not a bad idea, will put some up soon :thumbup:

And if you're from the low veld area (Nelspruit?) some pics in the 'evocative pics' thread please - and welcome to what is fast becoming home from home for the Saffas :lol:

Sadly all my SA pics are in analog format, and in storage in Loxton, :oops:
Spent my youth on the Natal coast, My family had a small holding at Assagai
and my grandfather had a farm at Hluhluwe,
My uncle had a place at Ofcolaco (near Tzaneen).
Between them all I had lots of hunting and having fun with 4x4's and beach buggy's :)
spent a year based in Zeerust working on trucks/tractors/plant engines in Botswana
and then in the Western cape doing rust prevention on fishing trawlers.
lots of travelling and camping in the bush, but when you are young you
never take enough pictures :(
Spent far to much time keeping vehicles of the green oval persuasion mobile and
operating into and through Botswana taught me the advantages of Landcruisers and Unimogs.
One thing I have learnt about any vehicle is that with proper maintenance and enough £££...
It will be as reliable as you want it to be, some just entertain you more than others :pray:

Back