Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings

Hans

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Well I have been visiting this site for the last few months so I figured it is about time I registered.

Got back early this year from a holiday in SA and got hooked on the 4x4 'thing'. Wasn't sure what to go for. Initially looking at a 120 but after reading the forums I knew what I wanted so took the plunge and bought a '96 80 VX 4.2 HD-FT back in May with +144K on the clock.

No mods so far. It is currently being baselined (hence no pictures) and will soon have an OME 2” lift with snorkel and breather kit installed.

The plan is to explore the UK first (this year) with Corsica and Morocco next year. Then, depending on the usual suspects (Money, Health & Time) and after a few more mods, the plan is to ship the LC to Durban in 2014 and roam free in Angola, Namibia, SA, Botswana, Zim and Mozambique…..that’s the dream anyway.

Other than that very little 4x4 experience but hope to change that over the coming months.

Hans

Welcome Hans, Are you from SA?

If you could also post where about you are based in your sig as it helps people alot.

Enjoy the forum some great peopel here with plenty 80 series owners.

Thanks guys

I've updated my profile. Hopefully should be updated now.

No. I'm not from SA but we used to live there in the '80. My brother lives in Pretoria so we go back as often as we can.

Welcome along - hope you find lots of useful stuff here!

Welcome Hans,
Hope you enjoy the forums.
Lots of stuff to read, so much to know about land Cruisers.

Is that a Dutch name you have, Hans ?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
Welcome along - hope you find lots of useful stuff here!
Thanks Gary. Yes, it was info on this site that made me go for the 80!!

Graham said:
Is that a Dutch name you have, Hans ?

Gra.
Hi Graham, close, Belgian actually :handgestures-thumbup:

Welcome, Hans, and congrats for jumping straight to the top of the learning curve :mrgreen:

Hans said:
Initially looking at a 120 but after reading the forums I knew what I wanted so took the plunge and bought a '96 80 VX 4.2 HD-FT back in May with +144K on the clock.
:thumbup:

Thanks Andrew.

Yeah, no messing around :D

Back