Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

It's not gone pear shaped Clive, not really, just very very long shaped.

It's not gone pear shaped Clive, not really, just very very long shaped.

Banana shaped then???

Seriously Chris, it is/was a great idea and it is hardly your fault it ended up the way it has. It was very good of you to make the effort in the first place :clap:

I think a big :clap: :clap: :clap: for sorting this out. Yeah it's taken a bit longer then planned but if Chris didn't put his time in it wouldn't be happening.

Looking forward to getting mine fitted.

respect-055.gif Yes, most definitely a respect-040.GIF for Chris, without whom this wouldn't have got off the ground.

Thanks guys, I really couldn't have known all the stuff that would happen here. Sheet of metal, cut round, drill some holes, coat it and send it. Right. Well that went tits up. I do know the ins and outs now and I have to say that the chap making these could easily have thrown the towel in and just said 'game over' and we'd have been stuffed. But he really has done incredible things to rescue his finances - basically a massive order went South on him and left him with a huge pile of bills. So well done him I guess. So hopefully next week we'll all be smiling.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chirs,

What an effort you have put into this!

I am interested in 2 cubby sets for my 80's is it still possible and if so what would be the process?

Mussy

Oh I think there will be a picture or too. We've waited long enough to get them. It'll be like Christmas on here.

There will be a couple of extras at the end of the run, so if people are interested (one of the cubby ones has dibbs on already) they can buy directly.

Hi Mussy,thanks for the interest. The deal is closed on this one and ours are all due this coming week. We had to have a last minute reconile on all the addresses, but I got those off on Thursday so there is nothing to stop us now. I can put you in touch with the supplier who does have a few spares but there is already a couple of names down for those. You will have to deal with them direct as i won't be doing a group buy again.

Hi Chris, I can imagine you don't want the hassle of this again. Please do send me the details of the supplier either by PM or here.

mussy

Blimey, give me chance. 3 minutes to reply?

Hang on, I PM'd you his company last week Mussy. I just checked.

I meant for you guys, have you seen the finished item ? Sorry for the confusion.

Ha ha got you. Look the only updates on here will come from me. There has been problem after problem but I have been assured that they will be packaged this week. If not, I'll go and fetch them. I'll stick a day's leave in and drive over there

Guys! After what only seems like months, we're nearly there. I've had word that the plain ones will be leaving the launch pad next week followed a week later by the cubby ones. The chap is just writing up the instructions and putting the fitting kits together then they'll be packaged up. One day we'll sit around and laugh about this. Or cry. Or both. Or something. Maybe we'll sit in silent contemplation. But hopefully inside we'll all be feeling delighted.

Hi Chris, can you PM me his details. Does he know I had first dibs on the spares?
cheers
mark

Mark, calm down. Yes he knows, but seriously just cool your jets for now. I'd wait until ours have actually arrived. If you read the thread you'll know this has not been without its problems.

Ouch ! just asking ! I have read it all.

Chris, did the rivnut tool make it into the final kit list? Or do I need to get 1 to fit the M5 rivnuts? Cheers Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back