Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Harare mud

Hope this rain has been topping Kariba up - cos you guys need the rain.

Playing in the mud is aways fun - until you have to clean the truck

Keith, the whole of Zim is getting rain this rainy season. Here in Harare it's been raining pretty much every day or so since October.

You're right about the mud though.. it's everywhere..

Off to the low veld tomorrow so we'll see how muddy it is down there. It's not usually wet but this trip is going to be a different story.

Keith,

We were in Gona's in October. That was lovely but stupidly hot 42c and a strong hot wind the whole time we were there. Still fantastic.

This latest trip we were in the Save Valley Conservancy, one of my favourite places in Zim. We are good friend with the owner of Chishakwe so we get to enjoy the whole of the ranch as though it was ours. An amazing privilege..

ive watched a few vids on youtube about Gona and it looks like the dept of parks have been doing some upgrades to tracks and have added a few new camp sites as well - that's really good to see
If the Beit Bridge border post wasn't such a challenge of my tolerance (or is it intolerance) and patience, I would consider going back to Gona.
However I have put it on the bucket list - I'm hoping this years elections will result in a regime change for the better, so I can go back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Keith,

Our trip to Gona's was amazing and yes I think NP has been working on the roads and campsites. I wouldn't hold your breath for regime change. The feeling here is that the elections are a fore gone conclusion.. there's no way Zanu will let them slip through their hands. I wouldn't let that stop you though. Everything is calm in Zim and everyone is happy to see a tourist.. As far as I know the Beit Bridge border post is much better than it used to be and If you are on FaceBook there is a Drive Zim group and you'll be able to get a number on there for someone who will smooth your crossing.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, most of the visitor in the park when we were there in October (not the best month 42c) were from SA. Even the guy's in the picture enjoyed themselves..
PA040016.JPG

If you ever catch up with him, tell him he owes me a couple of beers...

Back