Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hard steering issues

matricea

Country Flag
czech_republic
Hi,

I have a 2005 LC120.
2 weeks after I changed tires with new ones(same size but A/T) steering starts to be heavier and heavier to work with it.
My mechanic said that it could be the pump; after a while it came back ok, then again problem appear.
I took it to mr.T and he said that steering rack is the problem, internal valve and a new rack is needed.
Problem is that their price is 2.300 eur and it too much as I saw Milner rack around 3-400 eur.
Rebuilding also here in CZ costs around 800 eur.

What do you think? Any thoughts to help me please?

i had the same problem and it wasn't the pump or the rack, it was some kind of problem inside the car at the bottom of the steering column that needed replacing , i'm sure the mechanic said it was a chain linkage or valve but i'm not sure and i couldn't find it on the schematic either when i looked, it cost around £120 to get fixed along with new power steering fluid, the old stuff had gone black. sorry not much help but mine felt like the power steering pump had failed when it hadn't and it turned out to be a cheap fix in the end although he struggled to get the right part, apparently there are 2 different types of what ever was broken.

I found the problem, intermediate shaft, I just greased the joints and now is working like a charm.
So I guess that rack it is ok...or?

It might be worth changing the power steering fluid at the same time, glad its sorted

Back