Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Has off road modification been banned ?

Shayne

Guru
I've spent at least 40 hours searching the internet trying to find 35 inch tyres with at the very least a Q speed rating for sale inside the EU Iron Curtain and all i can find are left over stock because nobody wanted them in the first place .

It doesn't bode well that even BFG's newest tyre the KM3 which hasn't officially be released yet will not be offered in anything larger than a 33" https://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/gb/ran...ch-Mud-Terrain-T-A-sup-KM3-sup#dimension-tire

So i ask myself whats the point in paying for a suspension lift ?

Is there a realistic route to importing tyres myself as there's plenty for sale in the , USA , Australia , Russia and probably North Korea .

Right now i'm thinking of asking these guys if they might sell me just 5 https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.69d25911AWPYZE

Show me because I have considered using 17"wheels i do not want but it doesn't help with tyre choice ?

Chose the link above and chose your size 35/37 and 15/17

Yeah i realized later thanks Steve , it shows i can have tyres from Korea or China in 17" , and i am truly worried that the greater choice in 15" results from the fact more are sold so more stock was imported before whatever diktat has been handed down .

I believe i could downgrade my rear brakes swapping them for some from an older model 80 so to fit a 15x10 rim but i just have a very pessimistic feeling about the whole thing .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah cheers Nick believe me i have seen every wheel and tyre combination on the internet so its not a question of what i can and can't do but more a case of me knowing what i want , knowing the parts are available and then learning i can't get them even if i win the lottery .

Speed rating L Dave meaning tested to 75mph constant speed for 10 minutes , i don't want to be wondering if my tyres will shred at that speed .

The only pic i can find of the current front runner mounted says its a non runner now anyway

maxxis-trepador-tire.jpg

Same size tyres and lift - there is method in my madness :shh:

upload_2018-3-31_19-6-5.jpeg

upload_2018-3-31_19-6-28.jpeg

I could do this and maybe convince the mrs the 80 is not a mans car (the reason she gives for not wanting to drive it)
upload_2018-4-1_13-9-49.jpeg

Back