Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heavy duty rear bumper for my 80 series

Matt Richards

Im after an 'offroad' ready rear bumper for my 80 series.

I dont need it to carry the spare wheel as I already have a carrier.

I would consider something homegrown if it was made to a high standard and looked good :mrgreen:

What have you got ?

Cheers
Matt

How much have YOU got to spend Matt?

Home-made does not equal cheap I'm afraid. I'd just get one from Frogs Island if I were you. The time taken to make something bespoke far outweighs the cost of a bought one. Those of us on here with the skills generally make stuff for ourselves, yes to save money, but also because we can and it's personal. Doing it for others is another dimension completely I'm afraid. I can do high standard which will look good, but it'll be £1500 min. Welding's easy - it's the thinking time that's expensive.

It's like the bloke who turned up to fix my boiler. He looked in the cupboard, tapped the boiler with hammer and up she fires. "That'll be £200 pounds please' he says. "£200 - how come. I could have done that! What have I just paid for?" says I. "Ahh well" says the chap" "It's £5 for the tap, but £195 for knowing just where to tap it."

Have you thought about learning to weld yourself. It's a great hobby and if you off road, an almost essential skill.

Chris

are you in a hurry to get one? im going to build one soon if i get all my other jobs done so i may be able to look in to building 2. have you any thoughts on what you want it to look like and what you want it to do? just let me know

Excellent. Put me down for one too please :clap: :clap:

Chris

I would also be interested in one of these :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tell me what you want and I will look into it. Also what fonsh you want, blast and paint, powder coat, or galv?

A copy of the Frogs one will do for me, just cheaper.

Chris

Is that the arb one? I want 2 spare wheels on mine but the way it's performing at the mo I need a spare car!

No, it's the Frogs one.

Chris

I would be interested in anything that wont fall off when you touch a tree and reasonably priced. Must be black, tough and have the ability to use a towbar that attaches to the 4 bolt holes in the bumper. Does not have to be a full bumper, something that replaces the useless bumper corners will do as the middle section is tough. Would be nice to keep the rear mud flaps and be cheaper than the frogs option. BTW how much are they?

Rob, when I get my Frog's copy, you can have my bumperettes. They knocked a lamp post over recently.

Chris

Thanks Chris just need to check your photos :thumbup:

Damn that was fast Rob. You beat me to it. I do actually have the original Frogs Flier with several shots on it.

C

How much is the frogs one then?

It was on a special offer at £520 plus VAT at the time.

C

Back