Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Height control off

C11ONX

Came back to my truck and the height control is turned off and the light on the dash is flashing and won't turn back on or adjust the height.

Any ideas:angry-screaming:

Connect TechStream and check codes and sensor values.
Most common problem is a faulty height sensor.

I have just replaced the rear ride height sensor. Oh and the obd11 doesn't work

Doesn't work full stop, or just not with a standard obd2 reader? The latter is normal.

Doesn't work full stop, or just not with a standard obd2 reader? The latter is normal.
Yes, as there is no OBD2, only M-OBD. With TechStream and mini-VCI it works wonderfully. Well, at least it works.

Been plugged into my mechanics computer and into Toyotas and they cannot get it to work. So I recon it's broken

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have two front sensors in good condition if you need them -wont be expensive- and all the other ahc gear I removed from my 100 last year just let me know if I can be of any help

Been plugged into my mechanics computer and into Toyotas and they cannot get it to work. So I recon it's broken
Broken? The plug?
The tester, or techstream, plugs directly into the multiplex line going through all the EDUs. Did the garage try the plug in the engine compartment as well?

The sensors are easy to check without a toyota tester. Just any multimeter with ohms will do. Just under 5 Kohm across the outer pins, and somewhere between 500 ohm and 4 Kohm on the middle, depending on the position of the arm.

I just had a problem with the ahc: The Off-light started to flash, and sometimes the rear started to sag, driving on the bump stops, and sometimes the front would pump up to max height and be stiff as h*ll. I found out that the signal from the font left sensor was completely wrong, and changed it as I had a spare. Turned out it was one of the little wires going into the plug to the sensor - a little soldering and wrapping - off you go. The soldering makes the wire a bit stiffer, so it will brake easier. Got to change that short piece of cable.

He replaced some bushes on the hub so when it was stripped down it may have given up the ghost. They are the original so 14 years old. Am going to replace. How much do you want for the sensors
cheers

Replaced the front sensors and it's still doesn't work. Off light still flashing. Checked the pump and that works. So am stumped. Advice would be much appreciated

Replaced the front sensors and it's still doesn't work. Off light still flashing. Checked the pump and that works. So am stumped. Advice would be much appreciated
If you cannot use techstream, you can use the "blinking lamp method" described in the FSM. That way you can read fault codes and also check all input signals to the system.

Back