Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello everyone

Graham Humphries

Country Flag
uk
Hi I have just signed up to the club and I just want to know if anyone has had a problem with the speedometer in there landcruiser as mine went in for a service today and when I picked it up it had done over 200 miles the dealer said that the car was not taken out as it was only an intermediate service and the speedo might be faulty ? Has anyone had this problem cheers

Welcome aboard Graham. :thumbup:

That sounds like a feeble attempt to cover up them joy riding in your car, to me.

If your speedo is faulty, they’re the ones to check it out anyway, did he offer to do that to protect his reputation?

No.

I’m no fan of dealers, maybe it shows a tad...

JMHO

Welcome aboard Graham. :thumbup:

That sounds like a feeble attempt to cover up them joy riding in your car, to me.

If your speedo is faulty, they’re the ones to check it out anyway, did he offer to do that to protect his reputation?

No.

I’m no fan of dealers, maybe it shows a tad...

JMHO
Thanks for replying the dealer wants to do a road test tomorrow where he is going to follow me for about 20/30 miles to check the reading ? Which I will do to humour him but I agree with you.
Cheers drive safe

cheeky fooker!
send him the bill for a tank of gas......

I dont know the 200 series at all, but I’d imagine the speedo is computerized, and either it works or it doesn’t.

Hardly likely (IMO) that its going to “jump” 200 miles all by itself...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The dealer is lying and now wants to waste your time too Graham. Which model is it? Did the fuel drop by 200 miles of volume?

The dealer is lying and now wants to waste your time too Graham. Which model is it? Did the fuel drop by 200 miles of volume?
The model I have is a 2015 landcruiser fj150 ? Prado the fuel was about the same but they could have put some in.
I dropped the car off at 08.30hrs and picked it up at just before noon do you think it would be possible to do 200 miles in that time I not sure now if they done the service

Possible they sent it away to pick up a part or something. Did you note the mileage when you dropped it off or zero the trip. Some have 2 trips so make sure you read the right one if there is 2. What was the weather like that morning?
I always ask to see the parts they take off when possible but have often felt they didnt do much when I used dealers.

Possible they sent it away to pick up a part or something. Did you note the mileage when you dropped it off or zero the trip. Some have 2 trips so make sure you read the right one if there is 2. What was the weather like that morning?
I always ask to see the parts they take off when possible but have often felt they didnt do much when I used dealers.
The mileage was 10777 and when I picked it up it was 11090 the service was mainly oil and filter change

The filter should look shiney and clean and oil possibly not yet black. Is it a diesel Graham?

The filter should look shiney and clean and oil possibly not yet black. Is it a diesel Graham?
Yes it is a diesel have not had a look under the bonnet the weather was not very good yesterday but I will have a look today on way now to the dealer for the waste of time road test want to see what he has to say.

Back